Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yikes NVQ3 childcare is intense!!

wooooo this course is very intensive, anyone else think so or just me??

Post Thanks / Like

I've just finished mine and waiting for the certificate. What are you finding intense? The content or the volume of work? It gets easier as you can start cross referencing and you've had some observations done. It a relief it's all over and I'm pleased I've done it. Good luck. There is some online help. I can't remember the website but if you type in the question you will get help .

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think its the massive volume of work and my assesor has not set me much time to do it!!

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing diploma which is level 3. About half way thru. Yes alot if work but set myself a schedule of what hours I can study etc. I'm doing the course home based, which now I'm in the thick of it perhaps not a great idea as not able to ask questions as readily
    Any on line help would be great ...suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

I did mine at a weekly evening class and maybe
    a couple of hours in the week. It was an 18-24 month course and I did it in 18 months and had a baby in that time too. How long have you got to complete it?

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

well the assessor has given me 12 months, its all based at home but i work full time and have 3 children under 7 of my own! i find myself staying up till early hours of morning to try and get it done! ive never been a 'natural learner' so its frazzling my brain haha!!

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I started the level 3 cache cypw course in March and must finish it by 31st December. I am finding it hard as *****mind 4 long days a week (and I am full) and I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old of my ownI am struggling abit - the work load is enormous. By the time the kids have been collected, I tidy up, I put my 3 to bed and have my dinner, it is around 9 pm - that's when I get to sit down and do coursework. I often get up at 4 am to do it. I find it very hard to get anything done on weekends as I am looking after my children and catching up on chores and family life. I have my last tutored session tonight and then I am on my own with my text book!! I have got a professional discussion this week and observation next week to prepare and feeling abit stressed.

Why don't we all form a work buddy group?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The Silky Steps website helped me a lot when I was doing my home-based Level 3 Diploma CYPW.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have until jan to complete. I started last October. So far workload is ok. Whenever I have visit planned I find that takes up lots more time. *****mind 4 days a week. 2 kids of my own. Alot to fit in especially if something else is going on, birthdays, term reviews. I try to plan 8-10 hours s week and generally it seems to be enough. its time consuming when you have to look and investigate via internet.
    Also I've noticed I seem to get short timescales on some tasks. Had a bit if a bumpy start with the company, not sending some stuff then duplicate tasks, sometimes not giving me much time for lots of work. But seems better since I raised it with my assessor.
    A support group so like a great idea! I'd be up for it!!

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i am up for a support group!! im wondering why we dont have any tutorial type sessions, we just have the txtbook and thats it!! nice to know im not alone though!!

sept 12
    Non childminder member
    Nanny/CM2B
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we set up a coursework buddy link. I have just started it and it all seems so daunting. Xx

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

yes good plan, im a bit of a technophobe so wouldnt have a clue how to do it, if anyone knows how tjen brilliant. and yes it is really daunting, ive just finished equality and diversity and it actually hurt my brain!! haha

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm not great at that stuff either. How would we go about it

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm have no clue!! maybe boo bear knows?

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

I started mine recently, with Jace training. Its all online with 3 or 4 visits. I have no idea how I will get it done. I find it so hard to concentrate. I have no idea if I am writing enough. I don't really like the website its all on either. I am hoping I will get into it more as time progresses. My daughter is also doing hers but with a different company via the nursery she works at. My motivation is getting it done before she does - but she works really hard at it and doesn't seem as distracted as me.
    To be honest, I have so far found it pretty boring, will be glad when its over, I don't think I will do anymore big training after that unless I have more time.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Are we all in different areas of country? I'm in Chertsey surrey.

Could we not keep adding to this thread as a start?
    My next visit and obs is 14 June. So much to do.. Asahhhh

july 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

im on the isle of wight! shame we dont all live near to each other haha!! ive just finished equality and diversity and found it quite hard going! im hoping to use this qualification for a bit of a job change in the future, still working with children just not a childminder!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TraceyC View Post
    I started the level 3 cache cypw course in March and must finish it by 31st December. I am finding it hard as *****mind 4 long days a week (and I am full) and I have a 5 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old of my ownI am struggling abit - the work load is enormous. By the time the kids have been collected, I tidy up, I put my 3 to bed and have my dinner, it is around 9 pm - that's when I get to sit down and do coursework. I often get up at 4 am to do it. I find it very hard to get anything done on weekends as I am looking after my children and catching up on chores and family life. I have my last tutored session tonight and then I am on my own with my text book!! I have got a professional discussion this week and observation next week to prepare and feeling abit stressed.

Why don't we all form a work buddy group?
    I would query that. Why are they expecting it to be done in half the time it is designed to be done? That is not fair. Also how come your last tutor session is so far away from the end of the course? How many home observations have they already done and have yet to do?

I did mine via one study day a moth on a Saturday. We had 13 study days and a coup;e of moths after the last one to pull any loose ends together. We had 6 home observations and Professional Discussions during the 13 months as well.

toddlers896 Guest

I've nearly finished the level 3diploma and have done it in half the time but that's only because I like everything done yesterday,not because I found it easy.I struggled to work out what the questions meant but the Internet is a wonderful source and helped me heaps.good luck.let me know if you are stuck on anything and I will help as I've had all mine signed off.x

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes trying to get mine done before end of year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast