Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ILM Level 4 Leadership & Management

Hi All

Myself and another childminder are studying for our level 4 in leadership and management. We really enjoyed the two weekend training courses and now have two assignments to complete, to be honest they absolutely terrify us having not had to complete assignments for many years.

The assignments are as follows:

Assignment 1

Understand the specific responsibilities of middle managers in enabling organisations to achieve its goals.

Understanding how communication and interpersonal skills affect managerial performance in the work place.

Be able to assess personal development opportunities to improve own managerial performance.

Assignment 2

Understand the factors that may affect performance and motivation in the work place.

Be able to improve levels of motivation and increase performance in the workplace.

The difficulty we are having is relating it to our business as childminders working alone. Most of the people on the training course are working in a nursery setting or employ assistants.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Paula1974

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

When I did my nvq4 you had to have a position of responsibility of another to do it. I did it using my volunteer work as a scout leader and referred to that for these type of assignments.
    Have you got any other work experiences you can relate it to, helping at a toddler group for example. Try and relate to other professionals you might work with so working alongside the speech therapist to get the best for a child you cadre for. What Is your responsibility, how can you affect the outcomes that sort of thing.
    Also try googling the question and see if other people have posted answers you can get some ideas from.