Cypop5 question 1 - HELP
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Cypop5 question 1 - HELP

Hi could someone help. I have just started my CYPOP5 training and have got to the first question

The parents of Anjum a little girl who is new to your setting moved to England only 3 months ago. Yours is the first setting that they have used for 18 month old Anjum. They have very little understanding of the legislation covering home based childcare or the role of the regulatory body.
    •Consider 4 pieces of legislation that are important for home based childcarers and how you would outline these to Anjum’s parents?
    •How would you go about outlining the 4 different roles of the regulatory body to Anjum’s parents?

Relevant Assessment Criteria:
    1.1 Outline the current legislation covering home based childcare and the role of regulatory bodies
    [13.4.2012]

I am finding it very hard where to start. I am not new to childcare and already have a degree in early years but this question has me stumped. I just dont know where to start and how i would go about put it across to the parents.

Please could someone help and point me in the right direction.

Thank you
    Andrea

2. Likes jennyreds liked this post
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would first think about what they want to know from you- they are not testing your communication skills (this is not an English GCSE!) but rather using a 'situation' to test your knowledge of legislation.

So just do what it says- List any '4 pieces of legislation that are important for home based childcarers' number then 1-4, I am sure you can think of some and write a sentence or two next to each one so something like: '1. xxx is a piece of legislation which important because it covers ... and .... and makes sure that ..., 2. xxx is a piece of legislation which important because it makes sure that ... and therefore...' etc etc.

Use plain English, although note there is no mention of the family having poor English so do not assume they do (they could all be fluent). But you may want to mention that you would check the family's knowledge of English and offer to help find translation service of necessary or help by talking it through with family rather than sending just written explanation.

The next part do the same, just what it says and no more! So, list 'the 4 different roles of the regulatory body' and write a simple sentence for each to explain, ie: '1. xxx is one of the roles of the regulatory body and therefore they ......, 2. xxxx is one of the roles of the regulatory body and therefore they ......, etc '.

Keep it simple, they do not expect an essay, I always kept to minimal amount of writing- use bullet points etc. Make it easy for them to give you the marks by leaving out any waffle. You always get a chance to add to your answer if they feel they need more from you, you can not 'fail'!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Task 1

I've also just started this and SO confused. Firstly I completed Task 2 and submitted it without even seeing Task 1(oops) Now on Task 1 and really dont know what I should be writing! How did you get on with this question in the end?
    Help appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like

hello, i've just started the CYPOP05 online too, would be lovely to get a group of us who are at the same stages together for a chat!

good luck, look forward to getting to know you all better!

Non childminder member
    I am doing CYPOP5
    Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hey Guys and Gals!

Hello everyone,

My name is Sam and I've also started the CYOPOP5 course! Im finidng it difficult but getting through okay I m now on task 4 (nightmare!) and think that its a really good idea to get a sort of study group going so we can help each other out!
    If anyone needs help from Taks 1-3 let me know since I have completed these.

7. Likes tracycoops liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SamiaH View Post
    Hello everyone,

My name is Sam and I've also started the CYOPOP5 course! Im finidng it difficult but getting through okay I m now on task 4 (nightmare!) and think that its a really good idea to get a sort of study group going so we can help each other out!

hi Samia
    i am doing task 7 - how are you getting on?

Post Thanks / Like

I was quite pleased as my course didnt have to the tasks but an exam at the end of it. Now the exam day has arrived I'm wondering if doing tasks would have been easier
    Mandy xx

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly expenditure

Hello everyone,

I'm on task 4 as well (though I haven't actually done task 3 yet - possibly on the cards for tomorrow, so any pointers on what to expect gratefully received). I think I'm getting there with task 4 but not sure how to work out my weekly expenditure. I know roughly what I'm likely to spend money on but how do you work out/guess how much it's likely to come to?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone,

Hi, I have recently started and am stuck on Topic 1 task 3 the phone conversation, i have been emailed what certain points we might be talking about but i cannot find some of them anywhere online or in my book. I need to find out the data protection act significant aims, issues/considerations for practice. Also, the implications if data protection is breached. Any help appreciated, thanks.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Im stuck on topic 1 task 3, the phone conversation about data protection. need to find out the significant aims, issues/considerations for practice which im not sure where to look for all this. Also, the implications if childminders breach the data protection. If anyone has any ideas, id appreciate some help, thanks.

Non childminder member
    nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Default hi

Quote Originally Posted by Andreac1 View Post
    Hi could someone help. I have just started my CYPOP5 training and have got to the first question

The parents of Anjum a little girl who is new to your setting moved to England only 3 months ago. Yours is the first setting that they have used for 18 month old Anjum. They have very little understanding of the legislation covering home based childcare or the role of the regulatory body.
    •Consider 4 pieces of legislation that are important for home based childcarers and how you would outline these to Anjum’s parents?
    •How would you go about outlining the 4 different roles of the regulatory body to Anjum’s parents?

Relevant Assessment Criteria:
    1.1 Outline the current legislation covering home based childcare and the role of regulatory bodies
    [13.4.2012]

I am finding it very hard where to start. I am not new to childcare and already have a degree in early years but this question has me stumped. I just dont know where to start and how i would go about put it across to the parents.

Please could someone help and point me in the right direction.

Thank you
    Andrea