Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Ou advice please: E212 or ED209?

Hello, I'm pre-reg and very new to this forum. I have only posted a introduction post so far, but I have been reading threads and learning lots!

I could really do with some advice from people who know about the courses above to help me choose the right one.

I think the Child Development one sounds fascinating, but given that I will be trying to establish my childminding service, I am worried that getting to grips with psychology will be a tall order. So would I be better to go for 'Childhood', which also looks interesting?

Thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi, I am just finished U212 which is the one that has now been reviewed and updated to E212. It is a fascinating course, really interesting course that gives a global perspective of childhood. You learn how childhood is constructed and viewed in different countries. Schooling and child labour, child literature, how children construct their own lives, everything and every perspective related to childhood is included.

What I would say is what other qualifications do you have already? E212 is a Level 2 uni course which equates level 5 if that makes sense. It is a third year course for someone doing a foundation degree at one unit a year. The one I have dont (which may well have changed now) involved 4 books so there was a lot of reading and the assignments are expected to be very academic.

What you are wanting to get out of the course? I started on E100 - this is a level 1 course (so level 4) and is a stand alone level 4 qualification that gives you a certificate and gives you Certificate in Early Years Practice.

I a do not know anything about the other course but I am sure someone fab will be along soon with some help on it.

Good luck with your studies whatever you decide x

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your reply U212 does sound really interesting. I should have said before, but I did E100 last year to get my Cert EYP, and already have 180 credits from previous study so am going to try and finish my degree as an Open Degree. I need to do one more level 2 course.

I loved all the sociological 'childhood in a world context' elements in E100, but then I loved the child psychology stuff too...I need to hurry up and choose!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah that makes sense then! If you like the sociology side you will love E212 it is fab - all about social construction and discourses and global and local inequalities of childhood, adversity, poverty etc. It is fab!

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am starting E212 in January, really wanted to do ED209 too but thought the number of tma's and getting to grips with psychology may be too much with busy days cming at the moment. Childhood does sound very interesting too and I am looking forward to the course.