Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    April05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default can someone please help

i am so stuck!

i have just started the children and young people's workforce course.
    i am really stuck on the two questions 5.1 and 5.2.

first questions is:
    explain how different types of transitions can affect children and young people's development.

second questions:
    evaluate the effect on children and young people of having positive relationships during periods of transitions.

hope someone can help
    me x

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i have never done you course but of the top of my head or until someone else comes along who has i would say

if a child comes to your setting and has never been anywhere before some find it easy to settle some take ages which will make developement slow

if they are happy go lucky kids they will thrive with development if you give them encourage and support

somewhere on those lines????
    One life live it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good answer Trouble!

Clare you should get yourself a course handbook... you will find a selection on Amazon

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

@clare78

At what level are you doing the course?

I started level 3 this summer, and I got stuck initially cos I simply didn't realise how basic most of it is. My first assignment was bounced back because I'd assumed so much of what they wanted me to write was sooo basic and obvious that I didn't write it, and ended up doing a piece that put the subject in a social context, only to find I'd missed the point of the question.

Apart from getting the latest educational jargon right (e.g. "child-led developmental activity", rather than "playing with stuff") most of it is about stating the blin' obvious.

TBH, if they ask a question about elephants, you don't need to include anything about their habitat, life cycle, or evolution. Just say they're big and grey.

As Sarah says, most of it is in the course book. The hard bit is to get that across without simply copying it out. I also got hold of a cheap 2nd hand copy of the previous course book (which, in my case, was the one for CACHE 3 Childcare & Education). I found this covers some of the current course subject matter in more depth (tbh, it would be difficult to cover in less depth than Level 3 CYPW.)

I then try to pad my assignments out (and maintain some degree of interest) by doing further reading and trying to be a bit controversial. Shock/horror: "you mean that EYFS might not be perfect after all." But I'm sure I've done far more than I need to, as my assessor's feedback will testify. She's probably fed up with me, cos my essays are more than a page long.

Remember, if you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research.

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    @clare78

At what level are you doing the course?

I started level 3 this summer, and I got stuck initially cos I simply didn't realise how basic most of it is. My first assignment was bounced back because I'd assumed so much of what they wanted me to write was sooo basic and obvious that I didn't write it, and ended up doing a piece that put the subject in a social context, only to find I'd missed the point of the question.

Apart from getting the latest educational jargon right (e.g. "child-led developmental activity", rather than "playing with stuff") most of it is about stating the blin' obvious.

TBH, if they ask a question about elephants, you don't need to include anything about their habitat, life cycle, or evolution. Just say they're big and grey.

As Sarah says, most of it is in the course book. The hard bit is to get that across without simply copying it out. I also got hold of a cheap 2nd hand copy of the previous course book (which, in my case, was the one for CACHE 3 Childcare & Education). I found this covers some of the current course subject matter in more depth (tbh, it would be difficult to cover in less depth than Level 3 CYPW.)

I then try to pad my assignments out (and maintain some degree of interest) by doing further reading and trying to be a bit controversial. Shock/horror: "you mean that EYFS might not be perfect after all." But I'm sure I've done far more than I need to, as my assessor's feedback will testify. She's probably fed up with me, cos my essays are more than a page long.

Remember, if you steal from one author, it's plagiarism; if you steal from many, it's research.
    And don't forget if you do quote something, say where you got that information from

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clare78 View Post
    i am so stuck!

i have just started the children and young people's workforce course.
    i am really stuck on the two questions 5.1 and 5.2.

first questions is:
    explain how different types of transitions can affect children and young people's development.

Parents separating, death of family member, moving house, going to a new cm, nursery, school

second questions:
    evaluate the effect on children and young people of having positive relationships during periods of transitions.

You need to discuss for each example so Parents separating: If appropriate keep good communication with both parents and reassure that this will always be the case. Have contact with a steady reliable person to who the child can go for comfort or to talk, an aunt, uncle, grandparent, very good friend.

hope someone can help
    Get the drift? Just a short paragraph on each should be fine. The Penny Tassoni book has some good examples. if you don't have it I would recommend it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Children-Wor.../dp/0435031333

bunyip is right overall less is more and go back to basics and state the obvious.

April05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for all your replys,

havent been able to get on laptop since i posted.

i am doing level 3, i do have the penny tassoni handbook, but just carnt get my head around this course.(maybe better once the mindees and my little one are back to school)

i have done a level 3 diploma in home based childcare last year and the tutor was great really helpful, with this course i do it at home so i dont get any help from a tutor i have just started it a few weeks ago.

thanks
    me x