Level 3 Diploma CYPW
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Level 3 Diploma CYPW

Well, I've just received confirmation that I've secured a funded place on our LA course starting after Easter!!

To say I'm flabbergasted is an understatement as I don't meet any of the (usual) eligibility criteria. Take up must have been slow in our area.

I'm nervous about the commitment involved but really excited to get started
    Life is all about how you handle plan B

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrstom View Post
    Well, I've just received confirmation that I've secured a funded place on our LA course starting after Easter!!

To say I'm flabbergasted is an understatement as I don't meet any of the (usual) eligibility criteria. Take up must have been slow in our area.

I'm nervous about the commitment involved but really excited to get started
    well done. Yes I have just enquired about doing it too but through a long distance course partly paid for by our LA. Why did you think you didn't meet the criteria?

Mar 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Knight View Post

well done. Yes I have just enquired about doing it too but through a long distance course partly paid for by our LA. Why did you think you didn't meet the criteria?
    I've been trying to get on various funded courses since last August and have been turned down for lots of reasons: I'm not under 25, with 5 or more GCSE's I'm too well qualified (!), I'm a lone worker, I'm not on income support etc.

This time our LA are prioritising funding for minders in certain areas of the borough as it's in conjunction with the 2yr offer (I'm not in one of the targeted areas so didn't expect to get funding). Add to that the fact I'm STILL waiting for my first graded inspection means I didn't hold out much hope. I think my persistence has worn down the people holding the purse strings - anything to get that MrsTom off our backs
    Life is all about how you handle plan B