Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Has all funding for level 3 been cut?

Hubby is working as my assistant and later this year, we want to make him my co-minder, so if I need to take time out, I can leave him and our assistant with the children

Has all funding gone for level 3? He has no formal qualifications, left school at 15 with nothing, so I thought he would get help, but now things seem to be worded that he would have to be under 24 - reverse the numbers and you will be closer

Do we just have to accept that we will most likely have to pay?

Hx

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive got mine mostly funded, Im just having to pay about £225. Im certainly not under 24 - havent been for some years!!
    There are still providers out there, its just a case of finding them. I did a google search and came up with 3 in my area that offered either full funding or part funding and I was offered a place by 2 out of the 3.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They are only funding TWELVE people in our borough with the lvl 3 diploma I have just started... and told me this is the end of the funding... from now on one has to pay in full. VERY happy I got one of the last few places going.
    Jen

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's a straight copy of a post I put on another thread:

Also, bear in mind that almost all funding will cease this year when government introduces what it laughably refers to as "apprenticeships". Really just a way of denying training to those of us who are clearly "past it" (ie. over 25) whilst cycling young people off the dole for a few months and providing large employers with very cheap labour.
    AFAIK, there are still little "pots" of funding that training companies can dip into to pay for courses. That's what the company I'm training with are doing, using a funding source that appears to operate just within my county. Can't say for sure, but that may suggest that it depends if the funding allocated to your area has all been spent.

Beyond that, it could depend on applicant criteria, "first come, first served", or a combination thereof.

The one thing that was stressed to me is not to waste time, apply now. The funding is rapidly running out.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I have just had my funding agreed but understand that there is a time limit on what is left as they are about to change the rules. I went to Parent after reading another post on here and they were quite helpful, at the end of the day if you don't ask you won't know.

Sam x

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I am getting mine funded through Parenta training, they are trying to get as many people signed up in July as all funding is being cut in August.

Give them and call and see if they can help

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I called parenta yesterday and signed up. Funding for over 25 s is being cut in August so just got in what's even better is that it's fully funded just have to pay £60 admin fee and it can all be done online with assessor coming out to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Default level 3

Agh , i've just completed this course thank good ness and it was all funded

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just looking on the parenta website, this might seem a silly question but it says you need to do level 2 before you can do level 3 i guess that makes sense but can u do it all together?

Jan12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not done a level 2 just going straight into the level 3 as we are managers of our own setting so this level is more suitable. Fill in your details and get parenta to call you back. They can answer any of your questions

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I keep getting calls from Parenta training telling me that they are offering fully funded level 3 courses... they are starting to bug me but might be useful for you