Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: OU course

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default OU course

I would really love to do an OU course. I already have a BA (Hons) in History of Art and Architecture and have done OU German before. Can anyone recommend where to go from here....? I would just like to do EY courses that will help me develop my practice

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Maybe given them a call or check online to see what is available.

The level 4 course is E100 (or it was when I last checked) and really interesting if you have an OU type brain to cope with the word counts and referencing

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i did E100 last year and really really loved it. Just finishing E105 and thats not so good.....these are the equivalent of the first year of a brick built uni. I am doing a level two course next.

ring the OU and have a chat with them.....you get lots of help on the courses- tutorials and online.

will open your eyes!

there is a group on here for OU....you need to be doing the course to join.

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing K218 at the moment and its really relevant to practice but at level 2 its quite a challenge, looking forward to starting E100 later this year and am hoping that its going to be a bit less stressful lol! I'm working towards the foundation degree in Early Years. What I have found is that already my studies are already helping me reflect on my practice and are making me consider how my childminding business will take shape this year and in future years. Well worth it.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parsleypetal View Post
    i did E100 last year and really really loved it. Just finishing E105 and thats not so good.....these are the equivalent of the first year of a brick built uni. I am doing a level two course next.

ring the OU and have a chat with them.....you get lots of help on the courses- tutorials and online.

will open your eyes!

there is a group on here for OU....you need to be doing the course to join.

mandy xxx
    who do we contact to get access to the ou group? thanks

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did E123 and E124 in 2007 (which was replace by E100) and I loved them. I also did K204 (now replaced by K218) and that too was fab.

I work 35 hours a week and im studying DB123 You and your money (30 points) with the OU towards a degree in accountancy (as I would like to open my own nursery one day and not spend half the profits on getting someone else to do the accounts!!)

I'm also studying full time at a brick Uni doing a BA (HONS) in Working with Children Young People and Families. I find that the OU study is a lot easier and a lot more flexiable than at the brick uni. I kind of wish I'd stuck at getting my BA with the OU as its a lot less stress!!!

The support from the OU is fabulous and I would definately recommend them, for any course!!

H x

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I will call them. I am a bit of a geek when it comes to essay's exams etc in that I love them! I think it is time to use my brain a bit, it has been 16 years since I got my degree.

Getting excited now.

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I think that the OU is the best way to go if you are in fulltime work as it is all modular and you can pick and choose which direction you want to go. I completed E123 and E124 back in 2006/7 now E100, then chose 2 business courses, then an inclusion course and then an education course in maths, english and science, all linked to an Open degree with OU. It may take longer but you are able to have a year out or study like hell and complete it in a shorter time.
    OU advisors are with you all the way.
    This is my opinion only and its worked for me.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am an OU addict and promote at every opportunity
    I studied with them and achieved BA (Hons) Early Years two years ago. I still have withdrawal symptoms despite supporting others who are currently studying.

I would love to do Masters but it's so expensive