Childcare Expo - Coventry
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childcare Expo - Coventry

Childcare Expo 2012 is THE event for all early years, childcare and nursery professionals. It is to be held at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry on Friday 28th - Saturday 29th September. The show plays host to educational seminars, play on a budget workshops, Inspirational Themes feature area designed by TTS, a dedicated shopping village, the Build a Lorry Workshop by Community Playthings and other magical features. Learn more about the issues and changes affecting your childcare business from key industry experts such as Anand Shukla, CEO of Daycare Trust and Chris Barnham, Department of Education plus many more. For more information and to register for your free ticket, please visit www.childcareexpo.co.uk.

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The tickets are not free-they are £8 + vat per seminar/talk

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Childcare Expo for your reply regarding transport links to the Ricoh Arena.

Just so folks on here are aware. There is no direct bus link from Coventry Train station to the Ricoh Arena. The min buses from the station is two there two back via Coventry Bus Station. Or one bus from the Train Station but it is a 15min walk (approx 1 mile!)to the bus stop from the station.

I was quite surprised when I looked into this and disappointed. I have an easy 45 min train ride to get to Coventry but then to be faced with a 15min walk plus a walk to the Centre or fiddling with two buses each way with a train to catch at the end of the day and the possibility of shopping to carry has made me decide not to go.

The other thing that surprised me was the brusque way I was treated when I rang the venue to inquire about transport, oh it's two buses or most people get a taxi. At a cost of approx £8 each way when my train fare is approx £12 and then each workshop is £9.60 (incl Vat) if I could fit one in with all the travelling it starts to become an expensive day as well! Such a shame.

Last edited by rickysmiths; 16-08-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologies-just been emailed a code for free entry...not very clear when registering tho.

Non childminder member
    business
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologises that there seems to be some confusion about Childcare Expo 2012.

The exhibition, our Play on a Budget workshops, Language and Communications Workshops, Inspirational Themes Feature Area and Build a Lorry Workshop are all FREE to attend.

This means that even if you can't afford to go the seminars, which as migimoo stated cost £8 + VAT per session when booked in advance, there will still be plenty to do! We feel this is still much cheaper than attending a conference and many of our visitors agree.

rickysmiths as I said in my email I really am very sorry that the venue was quite abrupt when you spoke to them. I have spoken to our event manager at the Ricoh Arena about this and he has assured my that he will speak to the reception team to ensure this won't happen again.

I'm also sorry that the transport links are unsuitable for you and we will certainly look into it. We did run a shuttle bus between the Train Station and the Ricoh Arena in the first year of the show but this was only used by a dozen people and so was unviable to continue running it. If there are enough people that would require this service then it would be something to look into again.

As I also said in my email I am sorry that you have decided not to attend the event this year and hope that you will be able to attend in the future.

I hope that everyone that decides to come sees what an effort we have made to try to provide as many features as possible for FREE and has a really great day, like all of the childminders that attended last year did.

Kimberley