Plastic or wooden?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Plastic or wooden?

I need to buy a new playhouse and I was wondering what other childminders thoughts are, as i can't decide? I have had a wooden one before and I really like the look of them but it became damp and it was difficult to clean. Any advice would be welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Our little tykes plastic one was bought for my daughter's first birthday - 16 years ago now - still going strong and looking good - tbh I wud love a wooden cottage one as I do prefer natural materials but if you want trouble free, easy clean and cost effective - plastic is the way.

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a little tykes log cabin (plastic) had it for about 8 years now and its still in great condition and its left outside uncovered all year around, gets hosed down every now and again to keep it clean, i think a wooden one would have taken a lot more maintenance and i would be worried about splinters

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just brought a wooden one, very good price online. Ofsted seem to like natural materials more and I was worried plastic can go brittle and splinter in sun and frost if left outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Plastic - we had a wooden one in our garden and the kids kept getting splinters from it

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my wooden one - I am trying to reduce the amount of plastic I have

sept 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! Just happened to go to B&Q today for an ariel! and guess what i got hubby to put a playhouse in the trolley too! Went for the plastic in the end like the idea of being able to hose it down!
    I do have to say that you would be hard pressed to fit a child over 3 in it though, it is on the small side.

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a little tykes plastic one my mum borght 20 years ago when she was a childminder it has gone through loads of children and is still going sting even has all the origional stickers on it.