SO COME ON OWN UP .... ARE YOU ONE OF THE ONES THAT TOOK ALL OUR FUEL?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    You going on holiday Sharon?

Angel xx
    FLORIDA FOR TWO WEEKS

Will be loading up the car shortly - HAve a good Easter everyone
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boxtree7 View Post
    Certainly not me ............ people in front of my husband yesterday put 7.00 and 6.36 in the tank !
    Were they elderly by any chance and only go to Tesco once a week in their car and just topping up just in case

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Tesco's will have loads, there union isn't striking and they will top up when there getting low so need to panic. I know this as I was speaking to the lady in the tescos petrol station yesterday. X

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    Tesco's will have loads, there union isn't striking and they will top up when there getting low so need to panic. I know this as I was speaking to the lady in the tescos petrol station yesterday. X
    One of the Tesco's here had ran out last night!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

i have less than a quarter of a tank left but am not even going to bother. i have enough to collect ds1 from school this afternoon and then if i cant get fuel over the weekend we shall walk or use the bus.
    people make me so cross! why cant they leave the fuel for those that need it? half of those on the forecourt do less than 10 miles a week anyway!
    What's for you, wont pass by you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    Were they elderly by any chance and only go to Tesco once a week in their car and just topping up just in case
    That was me I had got just under half a tank, but I need to go visit my mum in the Nursing Home over the weekend (about 40 mile round trip) and pick DS3 up from the Airport on Tuesday So while I was at Tesco this morning I "topped" up I did see an "old" guy with at least 3 petrol cans though - either he has a very large lawn or he's just greedy

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nikki thomson View Post
    Surely that's the point. NO Union is on strike or has announced if they are or when they may strike. Petrol is being delivered normally and there is no need to 'stock' up.

All that is happening at the moment is totally senseless and is causing ordinary people a lot of heartache and cost.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Sky news have just said that its unlikely that a strike will start in the next 10 days cos the talks arent being started until Monday, so surely the union has to give it a chance of a settlement being agreed.

Why all the panic, I suppose its cos its Easter holidays and lots of people are going away, thats set it all off.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG! Ive not been in long after going to asda for food shop. The petrol queue went on for about a mile and even caused congestion on the ringroad! There were about five or six men in high vis jackets waving everyone through and it was chaos. then on the radio on the way home they said they are not striking over easter holiday anyway! totally bonkers! Hubby said theyve just said it to inject aload of money into the kitty as its end of tax year soon. And by the way, no I didnt join the queue...if I run out of fuel, we'll just have to walk! I could do with the excersise anyway!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive not filled up went to morrisons last night to do a shop as had great neices and they wanted mac cheese for dinner and i hadnt got it in, was so angry nearly punched a bloke that drove at my car cus traffic lights went to green i pulled forward as u would but because people were queuing it blocked the lights and when they changed he drove at me i had kids in car ( not mindees great nieces ) went mental at him then went and got the manager told him to sort his car park out as it was dangerous .. Hubbys been to kiddiminster today and there all week next week for work so has to fill up as if he cant wont get to work so in turn we wont be able to pay bills. crazy when half of the people filling up are retired and probably dont do more than 10 miles a week ..
    Dust its Fairy Dust

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinksplace View Post
    OMG! Ive not been in long after going to asda for food shop. The petrol queue went on for about a mile and even caused congestion on the ringroad! There were about five or six men in high vis jackets waving everyone through and it was chaos. then on the radio on the way home they said they are not striking over easter holiday anyway! totally bonkers! Hubby said theyve just said it to inject aload of money into the kitty as its end of tax year soon. And by the way, no I didnt join the queue...if I run out of fuel, we'll just have to walk! I could do with the excersise anyway!
    I am total agreement with your hubby extra 32million in revenue on tuesday alone I also think it is an opportunity to put the price up while everyone is in a panic they won't notice a penny or two going on

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    I am total agreement with your hubby extra 32million in revenue on tuesday alone I also think it is an opportunity to put the price up while everyone is in a panic they won't notice a penny or two going on
    Lots wont notice, they will be just pleased they found a garage with fuel cos they were on the red

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by christine e View Post
    Thats exactly what dh said! Its a bit of a con really!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not quilty your honour

Although I do need fuel as less than a quarter of a tank left and I always fill up when I get that low. I would have got it yesterday but couldn't be bothered to queue up

Have a great holiday Sharon We can't wait to go

Carol xx

LOOPYLISA Guest

My cousin works in sainsburys petrol st and she said don't worry

We filled up the other day so have enough for a while

Its all rather silly if you ask me

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i filled up this afternoon on my way home, i had half a tank and wouldn't usually bother, but Dh was using my car tonight to tow a HUGE trailer and didn't fancy having to try to get it in a petrol station if lots of people being silly about fuel!

apparently people round our way were queuing, but when i drove past there was no one there, AND they had petrol so i stopped!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12