Who has an Ipad?? Thinking of getting one..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who has an Ipad?? Thinking of getting one..

How do you find it?

apps?

how long does charge last?

have you wifi or wifi 3g and what gb mb??

etc

all reviews welcome

XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got an Ipad 1, 16gb, WIFI + 3G.

I love it. I would like to upgrade to the Ipad 3 and a 32gb, but can't really justify the expense.

The charge lasts well, but obviously the more you use it, the quicker it goes.

I use mine for playing music, going on the internet, watching catch up TV, as a satnav and for playing games. I use it with the minded children as I have some games & apps that they like to go on (Pepper Pig, Ladybird books, craft pages).

I love having 3G as I can use it just about anywhere. Having said that, DS has one without 3G, but uses his mobile phone as a hotspot (don't ask me how!)

My only gripes are that it doesn't have flash player, so that can limit some things and I can't play facebook games on it!

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Love mine, I was advised not to have 3G as I already had this on my mobile, so do the same as Mouse's DS , and connect via my mobile . I use mine in the car on trips to Scotland only downside is no flash player, but as yet that's the only negative I've found so far .

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjill View Post
    How do you find it?

apps?

how long does charge last?

have you wifi or wifi 3g and what gb mb??

etc

all reviews welcome

We just bought one yesterday

Not 100% about it yet though, taking a while get used to it, so will be watching this thread with interest for tips

I wanted one because we go away for weekends in the caravan and love playing games, but can't get on the games I like on facebook, but that question has been answered as the iPad not having flash player:huh

BUT, can't believe how easy it was to come on the forum and read and post on this thread
    Helen xXx

Post Thanks / Like

I got an ipad2 at christmas and have to fight dh (who bought it me) for it!

I use it for the forum and love the freedom of being able to use it wherever - never had a laptop or anything before. Hubby uses it for i-player mostly.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

onceinabluemoon Guest

I got a 3rd generation iPad on Friday. It's fab!!

I already had an iPad (1) but the wifi connection kept dropping out making it impossible to play games, etc

I didn't get 3g as I really couldn't justify the expense of another sim card package, I already have an android phone and an iPhone (personal and business phones) costing over £60 a month just for rental and packages. My iPad is 32GB. I bought Pages (apples version of Word) to go on it (£6.99) and you can dictate, so I'm hoping to make use of that during obs, i.e. talk to the children about what they are doing and have it all written down for me. Not sure how good this will be yet but non-child trials are promising

I didn't know you could use your phone as a hotspot, perhaps somebody could tell us how to do that? Then I can surprise my teenagers with my fabulous knowledge, lol (usually they have to teach me everything so it would be cool to know something they don't, lol)

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I got a 3rd generation iPad on Friday. It's fab!!

I already had an iPad (1) but the wifi connection kept dropping out making it impossible to play games, etc

I didn't get 3g as I really couldn't justify the expense of another sim card package, I already have an android phone and an iPhone (personal and business phones) costing over £60 a month just for rental and packages. My iPad is 32GB. I bought Pages (apples version of Word) to go on it (£6.99) and you can dictate, so I'm hoping to make use of that during obs, i.e. talk to the children about what they are doing and have it all written down for me. Not sure how good this will be yet but non-child trials are promising

I didn't know you could use your phone as a hotspot, perhaps somebody could tell us how to do that? Then I can surprise my teenagers with my fabulous knowledge, lol (usually they have to teach me everything so it would be cool to know something they don't, lol)
    You need to be careful using your phone as Depending on what you're doing it could use lots of data. I was piggy backing off my phone and watching videos on you tube but I used my months data allowance up.
    I love my iPad and use it for fb games like draw something and words with friends.
    I have the wifi 32gb hubby bought it for m for my birthday. And it's not left my side since.

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an ipad and love it mine is not 3g but I went into 3 and brought a mifi which I pay £10.00 a month (can't remember how much data that was for) but I use it when I go away. You can also buy the mifi and do it on pay as you go.

Mine is 16gb but its enough for what I use it for

I would love to have the new one but have only had mine a year so can't justify it.

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so far guys

So it sounds a plan to get the wifi only and then can use phone when out and about being careful not to go over my phones internet allowance - although I have 500mb free on my phone and I have NEVER been anywhere near that!

This would allow me to afford a higher gb too if im not spending the money on the 3g (or 4g but not useable in this country )

I have only a wifi kindle and get on fine with that as just do all my downloading before i leave the house

I agree if someone could let us know how to use our phone's 3g for our ipad that would be fab.

im hoping to get it for my birthday in July so we are saving up just now - just needed to know how much we are needing to save.
    XX Jill XX

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solly View Post
    I have an ipad and love it mine is not 3g but I went into 3 and brought a mifi which I pay £10.00 a month (can't remember how much data that was for) but I use it when I go away. You can also buy the mifi and do it on pay as you go.

Mine is 16gb but its enough for what I use it for

I would love to have the new one but have only had mine a year so can't justify it.
    oooh that sounds like another option thankyou
    XX Jill XX

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Also with the mifi you can run 5 different consoles off it at once. My son had used it when our internet was down and he wanted to play his DSi and I used it with my lap top

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

IPad 2. Hubby bought it for me and I use it to send videos and pictures of Little ones and also sometimes FaceTime parents who also have an IPAD/Iphone so they can see what Johnny is up to. (don't allow that very often though)
    My daughters use it for Games/music /internet and quite honestly it's the best piece equipment I've ever used. Although we do fight and sometimes have a queuing system to get on it, lol.

As for charge, it is very dependant on usage. Mine gets charged every night usually but it is heavily used. We even took it on holidays recently to America as it was so lightweight and was fab to keep kids entertained on the plane/airport.

As you can probably tell, I love mine.

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

iPad 2 user here - currently typing this on it as couldn't be bothered to start laptop up!! I went for the max and got 64gb so that I could store lots of photos (i use it as a digital photoframe) and films on it for weekends away etc. i use mine mainly for the apps - Facebook, eBay, games etc. The minded children have a small bunch of 'games' they are allowed to play inc Montessori letters and numbers :-D I also downloaded "pages" and love being able to iCloud between iPad, iPhone and Dell laptop. I just got wifi - figured I have an iPhone if I need the Internet when out and about :-) xx

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my iPad 2 now but sometimes what really frustrates me if I have typed a big post on here and it cuts out back the front screen and I lose all my writing and have to start page up again. Does anyone else get this problem?

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JCrakers View Post
    I'm on my iPad 2 now but sometimes what really frustrates me if I have typed a big post on here and it cuts out back the front screen and I lose all my writing and have to start page up again. Does anyone else get this problem?
    Yes
    I took mine backs apple n they reformatted it. Alo you may have too many apps running in the background you need to close them completely.

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

So who else has bought an Ipad 3 and is it as hot as they say? ( actual temp i mean lol)
    XX Jill XX

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

So who else has bought an Ipad 3 and is it as hot as they say? ( actual temp i mean lol)
    Do you mean as in hot to touch or handle?
    Helen xXx

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nell57 View Post
    Do you mean as in hot to touch or handle?
    Yes when reading reviews etc most people are saying it gets hot very quick and by hot some are saying very hot - yes hot to touch and handle is what i mean
    XX Jill XX

dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

IWANT ONE, I love my I phone and I really want an iPad 3, hoping my dh will buy me one for my birthday later in the year as its my big 40, I think I need to hint more, lol. X

apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes when reading reviews etc most people are saying it gets hot very quick and by hot some are saying very hot - yes hot to touch and handle is what i mean
    Well we bought ours Sunday and can honestly say I've not found that at all, even when it's on charge I've made a point of feeling it and it's been fine, well so far anyway, touch wood
    Helen xXx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast