How much of an effort do you make?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much of an effort do you make?

When Childminding... appearance wise? Do you wear your "scruffs" or dress nicely? What about your hair do you spend time making it look nice and also put make up? Or roll out of bed quick wash and done?

I sometimes feel I should make an effort to look nice, hair nice, make up on (not lots, just the basics really) if I am going out somewhere I even try to accessories I get embarrassed if people were to look at me and think "What a tramp!"

Plus one Mum comes and she works in an office and is so glam, always looks really nice and I when she comes in the morning I try and FAIL to look as good

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wear jeans and band wear pretty much all the time. I do my hair, but it;s very very very short so is easy to do, just a bit of gel. I do put on a very little bit of makeup these days. I don't wear any tatty clothes, but I also don't do anything even vaguely girly.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I wear my jeans and my hoody with my logo on, I actually feel like I am at work at home when I have it on.

I was ruining my other clothes getting them covered in paint and other yucky stuff so now I don't mind getting my jumper mucky it's what I bought it for. Plus I advertise when I'm out and about

jumpinjen Guest

i'm afraid I fall into the tramp category - never wear make up anyway so def not for work - And I have a sven month old baby so always have dribble/crumbs etc on my cardy (and that's just from me ha ha ha!).

Jen x

onceinabluemoon Guest

Shower and hair wash every day but let it dry naturally (its curly). Clean clothes every day but I don't do girly or high fashion stuff (too old) so its usually just jeans or trousers and a top, but always clean and pressed/smart. Shoes or boots not trainers. (I do wear my converse sometimes not not often as I don't want them paint splattered or puked on...)

I used to have my own uniform until suddenly (after minding for years without) the other minders had them too, don't bother anymore, everybody knows who I am anyway, lol

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I work with an assistant there was times we would look at each other and think are you still in your PJ's. Very lazy dressing tracksuit bottoms and t-shirts. Now we have black leggings and 3 different tops and two dresses. We look smarter and feel tidier. Somedays we have the same clothes on.
    CWR

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually wear trousers or jeans and tops. Dresses, skirts or shorts in the summer. Reasonably smart but casual /comfortable. I shower and wash my hair every day, don't wear make up.

I tend to have things I wear for work especially tops which are a mixture of tee shirts and cotton shirts because they do get marked with paint, glue sand etc etc.

I wear slippers in the house in the winter my dd bought me some lovely cosy boot style ones, and then fairly 'sensible' shoes or boots when out I can't wear more fashion shoes because I have funny feet! In the summer and they have made an appearance already, I live in my Birkenstocks.

I don't have anything with my cm name on, I spent too long at work 'branded' I do have an NCMA fleece and Gillet that I wear that says I am a cm and I have a badge I wear sometimes but on the whole I prefer to remain anonymous

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just do the same everyday whether I'm working or not.
    I can't go out the house without my hair done and make up on (I dont wear much just foundation, mascara and lip gloss).
    I wear smart/casual clothes such as black trousers and a top or a skirt & blouse.

I'm too fat for jeans and my tree trunk legs haven't seen leggings since I was in my 20's
    Toothfairy

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I also fall into the 'tramp' category, i usually just wer leggings and a top or skinny jeans and cardigan, put hair up and pin frindge back, no make-up but ive made the decision to start making more effort, my oh doesnt get to see me looking 'nice' anymore, when he met me i worked in a high street fashion store and was quite glam.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I make very little effort,
    I've got long hair, middle of my back now, so it's regularly tied up, the lo's love to grab and pull if it's down or try to 'style' it!
    tinted moisturiser is all the make up I wear, unless it's a big night out.
    leggins or jeans with jumpers or t shirts, I've just got some cheap tops from tesco, 2 for £8, in a variety of colours but with longer short sleaves, just above the elbow, because I don't like my armpits being on show when I lean over lo's!!!
    I'm just considering getting my name and email printed on some t shirts to wear in the summer

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Trying to smarten up at the moment. Jeans and jumper, no makeup was my default. Then I realised if I went out to groups, I ended up chatting to more people and having a better time if I'd made an effort. Not sure if that's other people reacting better to me looking like I've taken care of myself, or me feeling more confident. So now I wear jeans/denim skirt but a nicer top (although dark or patterned so it won't show the mess), and a bit of foundation and lip gloss.

I'm proud I've got a few grey hairs now and am growing them in!

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I do same whether Im working or not. Crikey if i didnt put my face on Id scare the kidies! I feel better if I look smart but casual and and you never know, one day I may just bump into the lead singer of Kings of Leon so must be prepared at all times!!!
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Pipsqueak Guest

Stilletos, straightened hair (its long) and full slap every single day

Dec 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    Stilletos, straightened hair (its long) and full slap every single day

Ah just jeans and top or hoodie comfy trainers or timberland boots
    shower and wash hair every day - have to or looks like i work in chip shop(no offence to chip shop workers)
    Wee bit make up and thats it.

Comfy comes first!!
    XX Jill XX

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always make an effort, full makeup hair done and dress smart ( but not that i cannot get down on the floor).

I always remember when i would not leave my cats at a cattery because the owner looked scruffy and had a front tooth missing. I thought if you cannot even be bothered to look after yourself will you bother to look after my cats.

So i apply this rule to myself
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hair tied up and full make up before I even answer the door.

I wear jeans or leggings with a long top. Nothing fancy, but clean & smart. Bare feet round the house, boots when I go out.

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont wear make up, never have, but clean and tidy, Jeans and pretty tops, leggings and jumpers, slippers indoor and shoes or boots for outside x

anything comfy and practical x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

shower every day but let my hair dry naturally...its poke straight so all it needs is a brush.

i wear black....every day...all the time. - old goth

I have some primani black jeans and long sleeved and short sleeved black t shirts which i might add a black knitted bolero styled cardi or a long ankle length knitted cardi depending on mood/weather.

on my feet you will find my every trusted doc martens....in black of course!

dont really do makeup...i am very allergic and i will rub my eyes within 10 mins and then i look like a panda. when i do wear it its heavy eyeliner and mascara.

i did think about having logoed uniform but my CM friend has these and she is now paranoid about someone complaining to who we must not name just out of spite.

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smart and casual for me.

Jeans and a top/jumper, nothing too showy.

Make up (Lip gloss, mascara) & hair done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast