Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Think my parents would have a shock if i ever opened the door in make up. Make up is reserved for special occasions and going out - so never really.

Jean, leggings, nice top - skirts and shorts in the summer.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i don't wear make up, just brush hair and usually put it in pony tail.

jeans and long sleeved tshirt with cardi in winter. usually all black, sometimes a white or grey top, or grey cardi! i did have a load of coloured tops, but i found matching colours too difficult & time consuming so went back to basics !!!!

skirts/crops and tshirt in summer. summer i have a couple of tshirts with childminder on the back usually black or white tops, with black or blue crops. i do have some pretty girly skirts

i have a fleece jacket with childminder on.
    black blundstone boots in winter, reef sandals in summer ... i really do need to find an 'inbetween' something to wear on my feet !!!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will not even look out the windows without my make-up on .
    Every day I shower, wash, dry and straighten my hair, do make-up. I always wear jeans and usually a smart top / jumper. Boots, never trainers. Then I moan because I have to get up so early in order to do all this
    Seriously though I would not even consider going anywhere at any time without my hair and make-up done. Sad huh.

xxxx

oct 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I wear my usual clothes but try to be smart.

Decent jeans, t shirt, hoody. Leggings and shorts. I do have some cm t shirts and hoodies and am going to order some more and make more of an effort to wear them.

I make sure my very long hair is tidy and i wear make up every day.

A friend of mine told me that she drops her child to her cm at 8.30am every day and the cm is always still in her pjamas! This does not bother my friend but i think its very wrong.

I wouldnt go to any other job in my pj's so wouldnt for my job!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parsleypetal View Post

on my feet you will find my every trusted doc martens....in black of course!

mandy xxx
    My toddlers always comment on my 14 hole DM's with red roses down the side...thank god they have a zip or else it would take ages to lace them up.
    It's a bit of a nightmare though when I've got the baby carrier on and I bend down to zip them up Good job 10 month old is an adrenaline junkie...loves a bit of rough and ready.

Apr 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

At one point I found myself getting far too slack and just putting on whatever, I took a look at some of the mums at school which were looking even worse and said to myself "Got to get back on track with looking nice".

Which I now do, casual but smart clothes, usually skinny jeans and trousers with a nice top. Basic make up; blusher, eyeliner and mascara.

I find it takes just as long to dress shabbily as it does to look nice!

I do believe if parents see me looking rubbish it reflects on my business and what sort of person they see me as.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I go naked most days, I have a tattoo of the Ofsted logo on one bum cheek, the ncma logo on the other and a forum smiley on my left boob and it would be criminal not to show them and my body off to the world. My body hair keeps me warm in the summer and it's fur coat and pink dms in the winter.
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

jeans or combats, t-shirt or occasionally a nice top, boots or trainers (always flat) I'm showered every day with hair scraped into a big grip (out of my face and out the way) but no make up - that's saved for the odd occasion I go out of an evening
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AliceK View Post
    I will not even look out the windows without my make-up on .
    Every day I shower, wash, dry and straighten my hair, do make-up. I always wear jeans and usually a smart top / jumper. Boots, never trainers. Then I moan because I have to get up so early in order to do all this
    Seriously though I would not even consider going anywhere at any time without my hair and make-up done. Sad huh.

xxxx
    OMG, this is me to a T .

I get up at 7am and am ready by 7.50pm as mindee arrives at 8am. I have a shower and wash and straighten my hair EVERY day. I have psorasis so have to wash my hair daily

I honestly don't think that anyone would recognise me without my make up on - I look SHOCKING without it

Pipsqueak Guest

so really most of us a bunch of minging hags!!!

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    I go naked most days, I have a tattoo of the Ofsted logo on one bum cheek, the ncma logo on the other and a forum smiley on my left boob and it would be criminal not to show them and my body off to the world. My body hair keeps me warm in the summer and it's fur coat and pink dms in the winter.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    so really most of us a bunch of minging hags!!!
    how do we get any business looking like that eh! actually Pip I prefer to think of myself as freshfaced and au naturale
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    how do we get any business looking like that eh! actually Pip I prefer to think of myself as freshfaced and au naturale
    yeah thats what I said.. Minging Hags!

Post Thanks / Like

I wear comfy trousers and June bought us "scrubs" tops when she was in America. They are like they wear in an hospitals, but have patterns on (one had snowmen on so may have to put that away soon) and are really nice and colourful. They are also very comfy and have 2 pockets on the front for tissues, dummies etc.

Always wash my hair in the shower in the morning, it just looks awful otherwise, sometimes I dry it sometimes I just put it up. ALWAYS have to put a bit of makeup on otherwise I would frighten the mindees, I have no natural colour (except at mo cause I have been away on holiday) so look like a vampire without makeup!!

Pre reg
    Non childminder member
    Looking to become
    Post Thanks / Like

Not working yet... However
    I teach circus skills in jogging bottoms or dungeries, vest and a shorter tee-shirt over the top, with a hoodie for when it's cold. I have lots of these outfits all in primary and secondary colours. They all go together well and surprisingly look smart in a sporty kind of way(I stole the look from a dance teacher). I have short curly hair (showered and left to dry) held up by a head band, once I start working I can't imagine changing as it would be a waste of good fun clothes. And I like being brightly coloured...

You will never ever catch me wearing any makeup.

And when I'm not working I definitely fall into the "Minging Tramp" category, although my dp would say otherwise but he's biased.

Oh and odd converse, one red and the other yellow and opposite odd socks... Kids find this v funny but parents think I'm a bit weird... I think that might be because I am.

Xx

may 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually just wear jeans and casual top always do my hair and dont really wear much makeup any way. I always start the day casual but tidy but always end it looking like a scruff thanks to my little friends

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always wear make up - I never go out without it on - and I mean full face almost!! lol, can't help it, been like this since I was at secondary school, even if we were to pop to tesco I would have to put on blusher and mascara at least!!

I always wash and blow dry/tong my hair in the mornings, moisterize put face on and a few squirts of perfume. It's just me!

I wear just plain ol jeans and my work top (My childminding name/logo polo shirt) for work

I can never be one who just opens the door at 7 in th emorning with my dressing gown on... never!

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to wear full make up every day whether I am working or not and straighten my wavy longish hair every day or it just looks really messy.

I wear jeans or combats and uggs or converse and I never wear heels unless I am going out and thats pretty rare these days.

I dont always manage to put my slap on before the lo's arrive but will have it on before I go out anywhere.

1 of the mums needs 6.30am starts for the next 6 months and I have warned her that I may answer the door to her in my pj's which she said is fine but I know I wont, I will always be dressed when they arrive.

I wish I didnt feel the need to wear makeup everyday but I look bad without it and feel even worse.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post

You must be hot bloodied

Carol xx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeans and work t-shirt most days wet hair as I answer the door, I make effort for toddler group and cm group strangely (perhaps more concerned about peers than parents! ). I make an effort on the weekend and wear heels and make up !!! (perhaps so my husband and family remember I am female!!!)
    Whats the point in skirts and make up when you get paint all over you, have to crawl under the table to retrieve mindees water cup, get covered in yuk and all by 9.00am? I don't think parents mind so long as I don't smell, sometimes they look pretty frightful too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12