Feel quite choked up and emotional...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feel quite choked up and emotional...

...Just got DS's letter from school to take to his peads referral appointment on Thursday. It read as I expected it, but to see it in black and white from an outsiders perspective is quite emotional.

I kind of am pleased that finally someone is seeing what I see and is not blinkered like DH or MIL who think there is nothing wrong... I am not saying there is somethin "wrong" with DS but you know what I mean.

The letter talks about his subjects which in fact he is behind in still, even though improved. The behaviour bit got me.

"C does does display some unusal behaviours. When sitting on the carpet in class he will often sway and shake his head, keep tapping his arms keeping punching his head or us other repetitive movements and does not seem to be aware he is doing this..." It goes on to say how he does not have many friends, cannot play properly, gets to rough and has imaginary friends but also has "characters" that he is and will not be called by his real name.

I did feel a huge sense of pride though in Strengths she says that "C is very honest and always owns up to any inappropiate behaviour. He is also very motivated and even chooses to do writing in his golden time"

I actually have tears now...

I feel a little nervous for Thursday now, it has come so quick.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, Ive just sent you a pm. Its sounds like you're doing a fab job as a mummy as they are some lovely comments from school. Try to focus on the positives hun. x
    If all else fails......add glitter!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks hun x. I am not sure what to expect really.

His teacher said to stand firm and not be pushed about.... I was not expecting to be pushed about THB lol.

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, meant to say there are some lovely comments from school.
    If all else fails......add glitter!

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be so hard to see it there in writing. You sound like a fab and committed mum, he's very lucky to have you.

Hope Thursday goes well, will be thinking of you.

x

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are doing all you can for him, as any great mum does. Our children are our children and we love them despite all things they are good at or not so good at. Not every child can be squeezed into the round hole that schools want them to, he will just be his own individual little person.

Good luck, when is your appointment?

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieSausage View Post
    You are doing all you can for him, as any great mum does. Our children are our children and we love them despite all things they are good at or not so good at. Not every child can be squeezed into the round hole that schools want them to, he will just be his own individual little person.

Good luck, when is your appointment?
    Tomorrow... DH is being useless and giggled like a 10 year when he read that DS tripped over the LSA Although the teacher did say that DS does things but not out of spite or being nasty and is often really upset and confused afterwards...

DH thinks that DS is juat a lad!