Get our troops out of Afghanistan
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Get our troops out of Afghanistan

My son's friend was one of the six young lads that died in the road bomb on Tuesday in Afghanistan. They went to High School together, lovely lad the army was his life. His girlfriend is expecting a baby. Why are we still fighting their war, it's our lads that are being killed.
    Il Divo's best fan - Toni x

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree one of my friends daughters boyfriends was killed last year, again a lovely lad, its so sad and I think its so wrong that they are over there.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I cried lots last night for those young lads and their families. My son was going to join up, but luckily I think he has changed his mind and is a similar age, its sooo sad and such a waste.

My thoughts go out to everyone who knows them xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bestmum2have View Post
    My son's friend was one of the six young lads that died in the road bomb on Tuesday in Afghanistan. They went to High School together, lovely lad the army was his life. His girlfriend is expecting a baby. Why are we still fighting their war, it's our lads that are being killed.
    Terrible and sad

I hope your son is ok we all feel sadness but it's so much worse when you know the person or people

Hugs

Angel xxx

Post Thanks / Like

It's heart breaking, Iv'e seen this young man grow up, seen him at primary, in school plays. And now he's gone, its all to surreal can't stop thinking about the family. What a pointless war, its got nothing to do with us.

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

It's tragic, sees pointless, mindees uncle is out there now, such a worry
    ds wants to join up but thankfully will be a while yet
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

LOOPYLISA Guest

BuggsieMoo Guest

Im so sorry for your sons lose (and indeed the poor lads family). Im a military wife and totally support your wish to have them all removed. There is nothing worse then living every day not knowing if its your last with someone.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is so very sad.

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry. My cousin's son was injured a few weeks ago, a bomb went up 8 meters from him and he has had damage to his ears. He is slowly on the mend but he will go back as soon as he is fit.

His mother is so thankful he survived but terrified for when he goes back.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

BuggsieMoo Guest

British flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The British flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. British soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them... They fight because they love what's behind them... In Memory of all our Fallen troops, show some respect for the 6 soldiers lost fighting for queen and country ♥

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just been reading about this on the warrington guardian website, the comments bring a tear to your eyes So so tragic, and the 3rd Warrington soldier to die out there. A friend of mine also has a son out there, his 2nd time, and my daughter's friend's fiance is going soon, they're beside themselves with worry.

merry

Post Thanks / Like

They are holding a service at the town hall on Sunday at 3pm and there's a book to sign in the high school in latchford.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuggsieMoo View Post
    British flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The British flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. British soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them... They fight because they love what's behind them... In Memory of all our Fallen troops, show some respect for the 6 soldiers lost fighting for queen and country ♥
    That made me shiver...