What makes you happy?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    onceinabluemoon Guest

Default What makes you happy?

OK, so following on from Emma's "what gets you going" post, in which I found out I was really quite bitter and twisted what makes you happy? Simple pleasures or big outlandish gestures? You decide

A few of mine:

Sitting at the breakfast table with the patio doors open listing to the birds singing in the early morning sunshine.

Watching the minded kiddies playing sandcastles at the beach and remembering what that was like for me, and how buying/making simple flags makes such a difference to the experience.

Watching the smile on a child's face as they finally master a skill that they've been trying for a while, there's nothing quite like that look!

People making simple gestures that show they actually do care about you. Anybody can talk the talk, it's the ones who walk the walk that care.

Daisies in the grass in summer - I'm a sucker for daisies, those and daffodils are my favourite flowers.

A tiny bar of Cadbury chocolate when you're on a diet - it tastes soooooo good!

Laying on a sandy beach in the sunshine listing to other people's small children playing happily.

Taking my dogs for a run.

It seems that mine are the simple pleasures, possibly because I've been skint for most of my adult life, lol. So come on what are yours?

Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

when my son tells me he loves me

the smile from my new baby that is so full of warmth it makes me cry

a lovely summer day where you watch the butterflys fluttering around

giving - i love buying presents for other people and seeing their faces

and when DH tells me i'm the best cook in the world even though i only do basic home cooking stuff.

Blessed Be!

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

walking my dogs for hours, watching dd getting all muddy

Spending time with my dad and brother who both live very far away

Seing how beautiful and confident my dd is

Eating prawns and popcorn

Lots of others but i gotta go find the socks

LOOPYLISA Guest

Spring, when the suns and the daffs are out

Also like frosty mornings all crisp and white

Looking at my dd all grown up

When hubby surprises me

When i have done all the housework and washing and i sit back and look at it

My cats

Why is it harder to think of happy things and the other thread was easy about things that annoy you

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Well....

When my children randomly burst out I love you mummy, wether we are at school, in town or sat at home

I love spring and having the windows open at get fresh air in

fresh flowers in the lounge

Christian Louboutin shoes

snowboarding

The feeling of new socks

getting my hair done

Having a shower and not getting "mum I need a wee"

getting in to a fresh bed, when the sheets have been on the line

baking for my family

lots of cuddles

chocolate

and the feeling that the best things in life are free, im not a materialistic person and appreciate home-made things more than shop bought things apart from shoes
    Crazy Crackers

onceinabluemoon Guest

I didn't mention my boys because , well its kind of obvious they make me happy in almost everything they do but one thing that really stands out to me about my kids:

I love the fact that my 15 and 16 year old still kiss me goodnight and tell me they love me every single night without fail and always say "bye, love you" when they're going somewhere even if a bunch of their mates are there too.

And I love the way they big me up to their mates (well I guess they do anyway) so that all their mates think I am the coolest of mums even though I'm old enough to be their nanna (just about).

Oops that was two, but it was kinda hard not to do billions so you got off lightly!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it when my children they love me... really makes my day

I am not a material girl at all, and this may sound really sad but I love the feeling I get when I help other people. I always said if I won the lottery I would give up work and use my time helping people, not just giving hand outs, but actually getting in there and helping.

I also love spending time for my family. One birthday MIL asked what I wanted and we had just recently got married and still paying for it, just had my youngest son and also moved house so money was tight. I asked everyone for some money and DH and I took the kids to Colchester Zoo for the day... BEST birthday ever!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by onceinabluemoon View Post
    I didn't mention my boys because , well its kind of obvious they make me happy in almost everything they do but one thing that really stands out to me about my kids:

I love the fact that my 15 and 16 year old still kiss me goodnight and tell me they love me every single night without fail and always say "bye, love you" when they're going somewhere even if a bunch of their mates are there too.

And I love the way they big me up to their mates (well I guess they do anyway) so that all their mates think I am the coolest of mums even though I'm old enough to be their nanna (just about).

Oops that was two, but it was kinda hard not to do billions so you got off lightly!
    Pleased you did this thread

We are just a bunch of moany women who are easily pleased by the simpliest things in life

mar97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When hubby has cup of tea waiting for me on my return from school run.

How very exciting it is when it starts to snow
    Then going sledging

My youngest DS (12) making me a very large cup of tea, and taking half an hour bringing it in to me so he doesnt spill any on the floor

My eldest DS(14) offering to do the ironing from now on

Again, wonderful hubby, hiding packets of love hearts in the cupboards and places he knows i'll use, on our wedding aniversary.

Curling up on sofa in pjs, under a snuggly blanket, big cup of tea in one hand, good book in other, and a box of choccies shouting 'eat me'

LOOPYLISA Guest

I know what you mean, Emily will always hold my arm when we are out or her step dads, always kisses me goodnight and tells me everything, there is 20 years between us and i love it

LOOPYLISA Guest

Im back with more

Fresh bedding

Washing on the line blowing in the wind

Fresh flowers bought weekly by hubby

Yankee candles burning in every room, walking in and smelling them, yum!

New clothes

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Back again, but this is too sweet to not post.

DS (6) came up to me and after reading these posts I gave him a kiss and made him pinky promise that when he grows up he never stops giving me kisses

He said "Well Mum, I just love you too much I can't stop giving you kisses" then got hold of my face and kissed me repeatidly on the cheek for about a minute then giggled and snotted on me... ewww

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

I love more then anything closing the door on the world once my babies and dh are in the house and knowing they are safe and with me.

My son is 21 now and never ever ends a conversation wherever he is or who ever he's with without telling me he loves me.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Apart from the obvious, what makes me happy is good internet speed so I can meet up with my distant friends on my role play games, good strikes and full sheds from my snakeys, and at the moment every time I leave the house if my neighbours door is open I get a little bundle of smiles tearing out of their house into my arms . Happy days.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loopyloopy View Post
    Well....

Christian Louboutin shoes

snowboarding

getting in to a fresh bed, when the sheets have been on the line

baking

chocolate

and the feeling that the best things in life are free, im not a materialistic person and appreciate home-made things more than shop bought things apart from shoes
    A woman after my own heart, SNAP! What are your thoughts on the Maggie?
    Cecile x

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I love waking up in our lovely old static caravan with the birds singing and no traffic noises ,the sun pouring in and a field full of cows next to us..peace and quiet.
    i love watching my childrens little faces while they are sleeping
    I love having 7 kids that i am very proud of
    I love seeing peoples faces when they realise they are all mine
    I love having a big yellow ballamory school bus
    I love knowing that myDH thinks im gorgeous even when im looking rough
    I love being asked for parenting advice
    I love pizza and red wine and cheese and olives and walkers crisps

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have loads of things that make me happy...

Seeing the scales show a smaller number every week and now not needing to shop in the plus size ranges!

Cath Kidston stuff

Days Off

Lazy sunday afternoons

Roast dinners

Chocolate

Being in the water or near it

Hearing DD say she loves me

When DH tells me I'm beautiful

Coming home to a tidy house (a rare event so makes me extra happy!)

Holidays

I think I am a bit of an optimist overall so most things make me happy....now off to reply to the other thread so may not be so sure after that!!!
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love seeing lo's faces when I've got a new toy
    when lo's spontaneously hug, kiss or say i love you
    fresh bedding
    small gestures like a wave when you let someone out at a junction or a thankyou for holding a door
    I got a card off a new mum last week to thank me for all the hard work I'v put into settling her lo, first child, very anxious parent, bad experience with another CM etc. nearly made me cry!!! He's now a smiling happy little boy when he arrives and leaves. Just goes to show some people do appreciate your work!

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

holding and being held by phil

when DD2 calls from london and wants to come home cos she misses me (she is 25!)

When Katie manages to do something amazing -which really is every day after they told us she would never walk or talk when she was little.

when i am told "i wuv you mandy" by my LOs

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When I get up and know all my family are healthly and safe even when they are going to be little monkeys. Evereything else is a bonus
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast