Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ideas for our family hol (Room 101 etc)

We are renting a detatched cottage on the Welsh Coast in the summer for 1 week - sons 11,18,20, husband and I and my very young at heart mum and dad.

Last year only 4 of us went (to a smaller cottage in a different area) and our main memories were of the quizzes we played in the evening.

So I'm hoping all you lovely people can give me ideas on being the holiday entertainer

So far I have thought of:

Room 101 (I could take a list and people could also add their own)

Snog, Marry, Avoid.

Would you rather (this is a thing my 2 older lads insist I answer virtually every day where they say something like "Would you rather have to lick the inside of John McCrirrick's shoe every morning or smell of cheese every time you go out on a social occassion") - that kind of thing.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We play a lot of 'yes / no' 20 questions at tea. Think of a person or animal or thing and the others ask questions to try and guess what it is. You can only answer yes or no.

And going round the table thinking of things that start with the next letter of the alphabet ... animals - antelope, bear, cat, dog, elephant etc

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    We play a lot of 'yes / no' 20 questions at tea. Think of a person or animal or thing and the others ask questions to try and guess what it is. You can only answer yes or no.

And going round the table thinking of things that start with the next letter of the alphabet ... animals - antelope, bear, cat, dog, elephant etc
    Ah yes, good ones - We play the alphabet ones in mum and dad's car and try to pick obscure animals or other titles.
    We are hiring a minibus this year, absolutely cannot wait lol - every one of the passengers has a funny personality and tend to bounce off each other - wish we were going for 2 weeks to be honest.

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The i went to market game...each perosn has to keep adding an item to the list.

Pictionary is a favourite here , not really a quiz though.

Something a bit different is to make an advert..you each think of something for the other team to advertise..they have a time limit to make a mini-video-advert ( on phones?) using just the props they can find in or around the cottage..

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post

Something a bit different is to make an advert..you each think of something for the other team to advertise..they have a time limit to make a mini-video-advert ( on phones?) using just the props they can find in or around the cottage..
    Ah, that's one I hadn't thought about - we watch the American Apprentice so that would be something everyone would be interested in - and they do tasks.

jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We love pass the bomb ..extra funny with my dyslexic 21 year old.....word with fa in it ..oh ...um...fagina

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

pictionary with a flipchart is good fun.

also what about buying a big pub quiz book.

or, can't remember the name, the one where you are person/thing and stick the answer on your forehead and have to guess what/who you are
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dette View Post
    We love pass the bomb ..extra funny with my dyslexic 21 year old.....word with fa in it ..oh ...um...fagina
    lol very amusing

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A sunday after teatime favourite with my 2 at the minute is 'rapidough'

Similar to pictionary, but you have to make a model - I never realised how pants I was with modelling clay

Did you guess I always lose

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

excellent-keep them coming please

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Famous people name game.

Georgle Clooney...Claire Danes...Diane Keaton...Kevin Costner etc...

The first name of the person needs to begin with the first letter of the last name of the previous person...

The True or False Story Game.

Think of a funny TRUE story... the more inbelievable the better, then make up two stories... really sell it... the other people have to guess which is the true one.

Getting to know you Game

Write a list of questions on a sheet of paper... silly ones, serious ones etc "fave car etc. get everyone to write their answers down and put all the sheets together. One person when reads out all the answers and you have to guess who it is... even the person whose it is should guess to throw people off