Thread: Cambridge Diet

Registered Childminder since
    mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cambridge Diet

Hi Ladies,

Im 15weeks away from marrying my lovely oh, ive been on a dietr since he proposed 12months ago and ive put on 1/2 a stone so ive started the cambridge diet. Has anybody done it? doing it?

Im going to keep a track of my weight loss on this thread, please feel free to encourage me.

Week one - 12st 10lb

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never actually done this diet as I cant stomach the shakes but have heard great things about it.

I tend to stick to similar low calories but with food, although it's a lot easier to cheat like that!!

Hope things have started off well for you

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, a quick update, i fell off the bandwagon the first week the porridge and the shake made me sick but ive found i like the soups so im back on it now.

12/03/12 - 12st 6lb

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I have started the Tony Ferguson plan, so similar to yours I find the tropical shakes have a horrible tang to them but the strawberry ones are nice, the cereal bars are nice too and I have only tried 1 soup..... that was a bit odd but ok ish.

I also do Zumba 1 or 2 nights a week.

Good luck with your weight loss and best wishes on the wedding

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i think these diets are great for a short term/quick solution to weightloss for a deadline. couldnt do it myself, I like my food too much and would rather have my 250 cals on a plate than in a shake -even if it's a massive plate of veggies

thing is for long term weightloss you really need to know how to eat well to a plan that suits your body, i.e. gives you energy, fills you up and is enough to balance your metabolism so you can maintain your ideal weight or near enough. you need to be able to enjoy eating but in a way that works. so I would say go for it for the wedding (congrats by the way) but after that look at a longer term plan/nutrition as a new way of eating for life
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i think these diets are great for a short term/quick solution to weightloss for a deadline. couldnt do it myself, I like my food too much and would rather have my 250 cals on a plate than in a shake -even if it's a massive plate of veggies

thing is for long term weightloss you really need to know how to eat well to a plan that suits your body, i.e. gives you energy, fills you up and is enough to balance your metabolism so you can maintain your ideal weight or near enough. you need to be able to enjoy eating but in a way that works. so I would say go for it for the wedding (congrats by the way) but after that look at a longer term plan/nutrition as a new way of eating for life
    Hi Jugs, this is what the cambridge diet does, its recommended by the consultants at the hospital to overweight people, you do the shake/soup thing for a maximum of 12weeks, then start re-introducing foods bit by bit.

Nov 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Im doing Cambridge x Ive been on it for 6 weeks and have lost 23pounds so far

Got to say im finding it really easy, only strange thing is that ive really got into baking

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    Hi Jugs, this is what the cambridge diet does, its recommended by the consultants at the hospital to overweight people, you do the shake/soup thing for a maximum of 12weeks, then start re-introducing foods bit by bit.
    then go for it honey. just find a good eating plan you want to follow when it finishes
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I did lighterlife 5 years ago and have kept the weight off I lost 7 stone feel much better for it I got addicted to baking as well it was strange as well as sniffing different foods bizarre
    good luck with your weight loss