Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Groupon?

Registered Childminder since
    July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Groupon?

Has anyone bought from Groupon and did the transaction go ok?

There's an offer today which I'm interested in but I'm a bit wary of buying from this sort of website and wondered if anyone has and if it went ok?
    Cherry x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have bought a few things from Groupon and they have been absolutely fine.

There are some stories out there of products not arriving when companies get over subscribed but I've not had that happen.

You get a confirmation email on the day and a voucher which follows so you can order the product.

I've used Social Living as well for a few meals out and they've been good too.

Hth

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have used them too with no problems
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them a couple of times, mainly for hotel breaks.

The last time I used them the hotel couldn't fit me in when I wanted to go and only offered me either the next day or a Monday the following week. I asked Groupon for a refund which they were happy to do provided I got confirmation from the hotel that they couldn't accomodate me.

But the hotel wouldn't provide confirmation they just wouldn't answer emails and if I telephoned they said they would only deal with an email request which they ignored.

Groupon refused to step in and contact the hotel (at one point Groupon advised me that they'd phoned the hotel to check the lines were working and told me to ring the hotel again ) and said they couldn't issue a refund without the written confirmation.

It took me a long while and lots of complaints to Groupon before I got my money back and I would be reluctant to use them again.

Sorry wasn't meant to be a long story but just be aware if things go wrong then Groupon customer services aren't very good!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Post Thanks / Like

No problems here, however i always call the company first to check availability for when we want to go (hotels)

Other than that all good!

Post Thanks / Like

I have not used them but Miffy's story sounds a nightmare

I have used social living for cinema tickets and meals and never had any problem with them

Angel xx

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Groupon and kgbdeals with no problem but wouldn't feel happy for higher value deals!
    Carol xx

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your replies, it's just a small rug cleaner I want and the offer seems quite good.
    Cherry x

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Groupon for a £99 ride in car last October, also paid £16.50 delivery, the company couldn't supply it, so groupon sorted another company out, so I had to pay another £16.50 delivery. The car came 2 days before christmas. Was worried I would have to get an alternative present if it didn't arrive. I had trouble getting my 1st delivery charge back. Fired off loads of stroppy emails, in the end Groupon misunderstood what I was asking for ( £16.50) and refunded £99, which I quite happily accepted . The £16.50 actually appeared in my bank account in FebruaryI would never use Groupn again, its just not worth the stress.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i've bought loads and from KGB. Just need to read the smallprint i.e. the 'valid for' period they can be really short or up to a year and you need to read the restrictions i.e. some restaurant/hotels won't offer saturdays etc.

they are brilliant, have saved me an absolute fortune
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My mum got some earrings off there, and had no problems at at all. It took a while to arrive, due to the number of people who took up the offer but otherwise it was fine.