Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 91
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Nursery Nurse
    Post Thanks / Like

Like others I don't see the point in the Dettol dispenser as you only touch a soap dispener before you wash your hands. Anything else you touch afterwards you would be touching regardless of whether you use a hands free soap dispenser in any case. I agree that taps are possibly the worst thing after the toilet flush, which you touch before washing hands anyway.
    I have a no touch tap in the downstairs loo. Not for hygiene reasons though, it's because there's only a cold water feed in there so I had a Redring water heater at the washbasin. It's amazing how visitors can't work out how to switch it on though. Apart from it being no touch I love it because it cannot overheat so children can't scald themselves and it is timed to turn off by itself so no problems with people leaving taps running.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one because I found the children were unable to push down a normal soap dispenser!!

I agree with you though about germs there is no way of a child turning the tap on without getting germs on the tap. I am a clean freak at the best of times but this really bugs me!

onceinabluemoon Guest

I have lever taps in my kitchen too (like in hospitals but smaller scale) so the dettol dispensers would make good sense here.

With regards to the hand washing units in public loos. The automatic hand wash/dry things are a terrible breeding ground for all sorts of bacteria, including legionnaires disease. Simple sinks with taps (automatic preferably) and paper towels are much better.

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha this is all so very true lol.

I have to admit I do have one of these in my bathroom I bought it at half price so wasn't too expensive until I had to go buy a refill OMG how expensive??? luckily I am married to a very handy man and he has made my non refillable bottle into a refillable one saving me loads of money!! x
    Is it Friday yet?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12