Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Protecting Our Children

Has anyone else been watching this?

I've found it really interesting so far, even though it's hard to watch sometimes.

Just wondering what anyone else thought?

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Too soft

Yes I watched it last night. I am amazed that SS still give some of these people the time of day.

The woman last night had already had a child removed then put her 2nd at risk during the pregnancy which was then removed too. The baby has already spent months in foster care, it was quite clear that the woman wasn't really interested in having her baby back, she wanted the drugs more and the SW was still trying to give her more time! So how long is the baby expected to stay in foster care? Surely this woman had her chance the first time around!! The first time she took drugs etc she was aware she was putting her own life/child at risk. She made a choice.

Of course I predicted the end of the documentry, she is pregnant again....!

And then there was the other one with the flat that was a complete mess............the council cleared it up for her.

There are so many hard working people out there and people who do get into trouble and are able to turn their lives around with a bit of help and there are others who just take the **** out of us all. The children are the ones who suffer, it's so sad.

I know I have worked in child protection......
    FF

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend is a foster carer and these cases are so like hers over and over again,her latest one to go is the 3rd and mums due again.it s sad when people do love there kids but just cant do the job through mental illness the woman who wouldnt leave the peodophile over her child

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did try to work out if the male social worker actually had strapped the car seat in when the baby was in the front seat with him.
    littletreasures xx

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i CANT comment or i will get in trouble from the purple people
    One life live it

amirose Guest

Quote Originally Posted by littletreasures View Post
    I did try to work out if the male social worker actually had strapped the car seat in when the baby was in the front seat with him.
    I also wondered if he'd turned the airbag off what with it being in the front seat ...