Divorce /Mortgages
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Divorce /Mortgages

Yeah me again, well Oh been here this weekend and the only things to sort out now are the houses and pensions. He remortgaged this one last year to get himself one . Now it would seem that I will need to get a mortgage if i want to stay in this house. I would like to because its good for my job and close to the school that I take children too.

I suppose I could look for something smaller but as its him who wants the divorce I dont see why I should
    Anyone know if I can get more than a 50 50 split my kids are older now 22 and 27 this year ( yeah crafty *** waited ) xx

Sorry for so many questions

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

im sorry i cant help hun, hopesomeone can though xxx
    Jennie x x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend recently got a 60:40 split in her divorce with young (under 16) children. However, she is the main breadwinner in supporting the children on a higher income.

I don't know how it works if your children are able to look after themselves in teh eyes of the law hon. sorry
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

sept 04
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert but if your OH remortgaged your home last year then any equity he took should be taken into account when you are deciding what (if any) equity he has remaining in your home. I'm sure you are aware of this already but just saying make sure you get what you are entitled to. It can be quite a stressful situation - hope you get through this without too much trauma.
    Alison x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Get some professional advice and make sure you get the most you can possibly get out of him.

I had to forgo the pension to get the house - but now at least I'll always have a roof that I can downsize if necessary.

Hugs xx

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Sarah I do intend to get a solicitor but was finding out what he was proposing first. will pm you x