Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a little moan

Hey guys n gals

Just wanting a little moan really and i know u lot will listen ...

My oh just got told his work can not afford to keep all there staff, after having a meeting yesterday they have now been informed that they can also not afford to make redundancies so there stuck in the middle, and its the engineers that are having to go down to 3 days a week, the office staff however still get full week wages and are not helping to sort the situation out at all

We have worked out that he will be now working 21.5hrs a week and we will lose £800 a month untill the firm makes there mind up as to what they are going to do

Im so mad (at the office should they not help out too? ), scared , (how do we make ends meet?) worried (as i am now the breadwinner and it falls on me to pay the bills ... what if i cant?)

And before anyone gets at me i understand there are people who live on 1 wage and very little money a month and we are better off than them but it still doesn't help me

And all oh wants to do is play ****** Call of duty (sorry for stars), and bury his head not fair

I Know u guys cant make it better or answer a nonexistent question but needed to air my thoughts, and thank you for listening

Rebecca

jun 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Sending big hugs - can't really offer any advice sorry xxx

Seems a bit off that the office people arent helping. Is he in a union that could help?

I know that it might seem really hard but we've taken big cuts in income before and I've really worried about how we would survive but somehow made it through. Cut out non essentials - sky for example. Shop around for groceries - I love Aldi.

Hope it gets sorted out x

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel and have been in your situation before. It is frustrating but things usually have a way of righting themselves.

We are lucky that in our small town there is a Morrisons, Iceland and a good little market. My DH will shop in all three for the best deals, also he works near Tesco which are usually good for toiletries.

Go through your finances and work out what what you HAVE to pay what can't be changed or lowered. Then look at what else you pay out and see what you can amend. Hope everything works out for you xx

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

oh hon, I'm so sorry. I agree get him taking on some seasonal work somewhere or reg. him as your assistant and see if you can take on some extra children?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ring hmrc with his hours reducing you may be entitle to a bit more tax credits its worth a try