Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have I made the correct decision?

.................... or is it delayed wobbles??? I need to talk to someone, hubby's at work this eve and I know I can come here and just pour it all out. Im not after words to make me feel better as that's not going to help...

Ive been in this job now for 4.5 months.. I don't know if its the time away from my children, the fact I am having to work throughout Christmas... or the fact I am having a few confidence issues, I don't trust my decisions, don't get me wrong I want to work for the amb service and I know I will get so much satisfaction for the job. Today a thought randomly popped into my head which has got me thinking............

help unknot my head

xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

How old are your children?

Now you're working outside of your home are your kids happier to have mum back for themselves rather than share you with others?

Are your kids getting to do more things now you're on a guaranteed income?

I think only you can decide what's right for you and your family. If you really want to work for the ambulance service maybe you need to make sacrifices now to get a better job in a few years. Your children will understand.

Sorry not much help am i?
    love Sarah.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Life is too short to do things you do not enjoy or want to do xx

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    How old are your children?

Now you're working outside of your home are your kids happier to have mum back for themselves rather than share you with others?

Are your kids getting to do more things now you're on a guaranteed income?

I think only you can decide what's right for you and your family. If you really want to work for the ambulance service maybe you need to make sacrifices now to get a better job in a few years. Your children will understand.

Sorry not much help am i?
    they seem happier that they have me to themselves (when they have me here that is) the money is the same. maybe its just my lack of confidence and me not used to being away from the kids

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

If you wake up thinking 'oh no I've got to go to work' instead of being eager to go after such a short time then personally I would wonder if the time is right for you to do this.

We all work to earn a living but..... after losing a few of my family in a very short time, I think everyone should stand back and take a good look at their own lives and decide what they actually WANT to do and then go for it.

Children grow up very quickly and before you know it they are adults and you wonder where that time went.

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karensmart4 View Post
    If you wake up thinking 'oh no I've got to go to work' instead of being eager to go after such a short time then personally I would wonder if the time is right for you to do this.

We all work to earn a living but..... after losing a few of my family in a very short time, I think everyone should stand back and take a good look at their own lives and decide what they actually WANT to do and then go for it.

Children grow up very quickly and before you know it they are adults and you wonder where that time went.
    hummmmmm, I dont actually get up and think I dont want to go but I do miss them when Im there

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think with any change - job/home etc. we can have a crisis of confidence and doubt ourselves (or is that just me? ) Just a blip though and always got through it, if not it may be time to reconsider. Give it a while to settle down x
    Happy to be back with the Greenies