Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Christmas Presents

I was wondering how many christmas presents people bought for their own children? I always get far too many, I know .. just curious about other people

sep-09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

from the age of about 10 we got £100 in pressies and £100 in vouchers from my parents.

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I always buy too much so this year both Rose and Alfie only have 4 each. If they need things we get them throughout the year. This year we're all going on holiday though so that's really our present.
    love Sarah.

LOOPYLISA Guest

My dd has a main pressie and lots under the tree and a stocking, prob too much but hey ho!

We maybe going abroad for xmas again and if so then not so much.........she says x

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I think going away from it all at Christmas is a great idea

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

We usually spend between 100-150 each on the kids with a main present and then a mixture of clothes and toys/activities... I shop around so they can get more for there money - but we always make sure they have the same amount of pressies to open. We lucky this year as my Mum is actually buying there main presents which are Nintendo DS's so we can buy things to go with and more

Then two weeks later its dd birthday... getting her a wooden dolls house this year... and saving on cost as Asda got one on special for xmas

Hubby got made redundant so spending wisely this year.

xx
    Nothing succeeds like a toothless budgie

Apr 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not really budgeting for it to be honest, not this year. My business is doing really well and this is the first time in many years, many many years we've not had to be stupidly anal about budget. BUT i'm not buying lots of toys - I have too many as it is - so am buying my two girls things that are just for them, not really focusing on toys per se. Plus they get enough toys from rellies. So for example this year for my oldest i'm going to make her a mr maker box with scissors and stationary and bits of craft paper so she can sit and doodle and draw and cut and stick etc. Won't cost me much as its all in my craft box anyway.
    triangle sandwiches are better than square ones...

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uf353432 View Post
    I'm not really budgeting for it to be honest, not this year. My business is doing really well and this is the first time in many years, many many years we've not had to be stupidly anal about budget. BUT i'm not buying lots of toys - I have too many as it is - so am buying my two girls things that are just for them, not really focusing on toys per se. Plus they get enough toys from rellies. So for example this year for my oldest i'm going to make her a mr maker box with scissors and stationary and bits of craft paper so she can sit and doodle and draw and cut and stick etc. Won't cost me much as its all in my craft box anyway.
    Early learning are doing a Mister Maker bumper box, plastic box and 5 packs of activities for £20 (makes 30 items) and then you could add to it... that's what i'm doing for a shared gift for my two

Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

I got my daughter the dolls house from Asda too!!! For my son it was an xbox game, but as he's given up on playing that I guess it's back to the drawing board on that one!!!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

my 2 get 8 presents each .. a present from each other, one each from DH & me, then their 'main' pressie from us, then from cat, fish, tree ( !!!! ) and a selection box from FC. but most of them are only little things that i've seen & think they will like/need, such as a book or game, little lego set etc.

i did a craft bag for DD for her birthday, full of paper, stickers, bits & pieces, glue, sellotape & scissors .... she loved it, and still uses it most days! she fills it up with scraps of stuff she finds, or 'left over' stickers & bits from crafts we've all been doing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I spend about £150 on each of my sons!! Usually I buy presents with it, but as they are now 19 and 20 they don't really need anything because they buy games/dvd's etc as they come out!! I will buy a few things to open but they will have mostly money!!

In one way I miss them being small, but on the other hand I used to get so stressed making sure they all had the same amount (lots) of presents, hiding them and getting them wrapped, its quite nice now

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lolli_pop243 View Post
    I got my daughter the dolls house from Asda too!!!
    Is it nice in the flesh ? Am I right that you don't get people with it ? Did you get furniture packs to ?
    I saw some of the wooded people in ELC...

x

I'm excited this year as my DD is nearly 3 and think shes going to get so excited this year

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I count in presents not money, so they get the same number of presents but not necessarily the same in money (5 year age gap). They get 9 from Santa and 1 from us (parents), they always get slippers, PJ's, dressing gowns, so thats 3 of the 9 right there. I tend to buy them things they'll need anyway and wrap them up, so my son is getting a new sleeping bag to go to scout camp with and my daugter has a new ballet bag which she needed. I never do expensive presents at xmas because I think they'll come to expect them, I spend around £150 - £200 in total between two of them and in 12 years have never spent more than £30 on one item (mobile phone for son). If they need bikes, etc then we wait for their birthdays so that we only have one to buy.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My DDs and their BF have around 30 wrapped gifts in their stockings.

They all get a main pressie about £170 for the girls and £50 for the BF.

Then i must spend at least another £250 on the girls. I admit i spoil them rotten. I just love buying presents.

Then both my mum and DH have the same in their stockings and big pressies.

I just never add the total cost up
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wendywu View Post
    My DDs and their BF have around 30 wrapped gifts in their stockings.

They all get a main pressie about £170 for the girls and £50 for the BF.

Then i must spend at least another £250 on the girls. I admit i spoil them rotten. I just love buying presents.

Then both my mum and DH have the same in their stockings and big pressies.

I just never add the total cost up
    I'm the same Wendy but buy throughout the year so doesn't seem as much

I daren't add up the cost although I wouldn't spend it if we couldn't afford it

Carol xx

Carol

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quinn informed me last week that he got 38 presents last xmas. I hadnt counted , and I darent add up the cost! My boys are spoilt rotten at xmas , and I love getting them things that I know theyll love. I almost didnt answer the thread - Im certainly not ' bragging' about how mad we go , infact if anything I find there is almost an inverted snobbery about xmas spending..and how little you can spend ,and how its not about the presents etc..
    I know its not about the presents by the way ..we will be at mass as usual ... but I cant seem to help getting carried away!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just love that feeling when you know you have a surprise present for someone and you know that they are going to really love it.

Me and another CM friend also buy a joint presents for 4 people who run some of our groups. They always go above and beyond the call of duty.

I start really early but just never finish, i always see something that someone will love.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    Quinn informed me last week that he got 38 presents last xmas. I hadnt counted , and I darent add up the cost! My boys are spoilt rotten at xmas , and I love getting them things that I know theyll love. I almost didnt answer the thread - Im certainly not ' bragging' about how mad we go , infact if anything I find there is almost an inverted snobbery about xmas spending..and how little you can spend ,and how its not about the presents etc..
    I know its not about the presents by the way ..we will be at mass as usual ... but I cant seem to help getting carried away!!
    Same here,

I have 4 grown up and a 3 year old and I dont add it up because I spend far to much money

I never had any spare cash to spend when they were growing up and they didnt often get treats like the cinema ect..... so I always went overboard at chistmas.

This year I have spent loads on toys for my business so there is not really anything dd wants but I have still spent a lot but it is what I want her to have rather than what she wants

I always say I am not spending a lot but I love buying toys, buggies and handbags

june 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This is sooo funny this thread coming up as i was just sat here writting down what i had bought my 3 girls and comparing who has what and one seems not have as much so am pondering what to get her (even though she doesnt need anything) so it will be fair! my hubby just said what are you doing they have far too much you just cant stop spending can you!lol! he said him and the blokes were talking about it in the canteen saying how mad us women go !
    I just keep seeing things in the shop!
    I have bought my oldest daughter a laptop for £300 and know that this is plenty but i keep thinking 1 present to open so have had to get some little bits too! the other too are a qiet a bit younger so not had to spend so much but its xmas and i would go with out anything just to see their glowing faces xmas morning all too soon they have flown the next and i'll just be staring at hubbys bah humbug face!lol!
    Mum of 3 thats quackers x www.quackersdaycare.co.uk

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

both my kids get a big pressy, 2-3 small gifts from both us and father chrimble! I always go made getting them stuff but, my daughter (5) is a January baby and my son (9) a February baby so the rest normally go to their birthday pressie

xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast