Moving to Aldershot
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    BuggsieMoo Guest

Default Moving to Aldershot

Hi All
    Hubby has called from Afgan to advise that the Army is sending us to Aldershot in June 2012 for 2 or so years.
    Is anyone here from Aldershot or near to Aldershot - if so, please can you let me know what the area is like and any places you recommend visiting.
    Thanks all
    Lisa x

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've just moved from hook, which is about 20 mins drive away from aldershot!

some parts of aldershot are nice, some are not, but as not actually lived there, i couldn't tell you which is which! i did do some courses at assorted hotels though. DD used to do her dance shows at the theatre there. they do a fun panto each year.

i didn't go there often, but there is a dry ski slope which also does 'donuting' for childrens parties! ( go down the slope in a big rubber ring! )

there is an excellent childrens gym club, which also has daily open drop in sessions for LO. mine loved the trampoline set in the floor!

at mytchett, there is a canal centre that does boat trips/walks andinfo about the canal.

possibly not for you if army, but mine loved the museum on the base!

there are a couple of nice soft play areas too.

farnborough is close by ( in fact, i'm pretty sure the two merge into each other! and i may be confusing the two )

legoland in windsor isn't that far away !!! birdworld in farnham, alice holt forestry commission ( super woodland walks , playground & go ape ) the look out ( another HUGE wood ) and coral reef, a big themed swim pool with flumes etc in bracknell.

i think there are ( were ) a couple of childrens centres there as well.

at sandhurst, which is also very close, there is a HUGE M&S! and not far away either is RHS wisley, kew gardens, thorpe park, chessington world of adventures.

enjoy!

oct2004
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi also birdworld is not far from you and you should be able to pick up a pass to get in for a reduced rate at the army toddler group. lots of nice toddler groups at north camp which is just up the road.
    Library at farnborough - 10.30 story time free!
    Musical Tots on a wednesday at queens road north camp 9.45 just turn up
    Toddler group at Baptist Church queens road 50p
    Napier gardens to feed the ducks

Aldershot library story time - dont know day or time though
    Military musum - aldershot

Septemb
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Camberley which isn't far away...

Not sure about Aldershot itself but it's not far from Windsor which is lovely and Guildford is nice for shopping.
    Nix, xx