Watch out in Pizza Hut
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch out in Pizza Hut

just been to Pizza hut with my son and when paying and checking the bill we found " a 15p donation for a bowl of rice" included on the bill,

Now I do donate to charities but I choose which I want to donate to. So speaking to cashier she said "Oh its automated " " its to do with the advert on your table " Well we hadnt had one on our table but probls wouldnt have seen it anyway, well if people ask I dont mind giving but just putting it on the bill I think is a dam cheek !!! so Im afraid I asked them to remove it.

I know its only 15p but it was the cheek of it. I dont always check bills but the place was rammed tonight to they would have a lot x
    Sorry if you dont agree but just had to vent x

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

flaming cheek, like you say you don't mind giving if you are asked, but for them just to add it

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desiderata View Post
    just been to Pizza hut with my son and when paying and checking the bill we found " a 15p donation for a bowl of rice" included on the bill,

Now I do donate to charities but I choose which I want to donate to. So speaking to cashier she said "Oh its automated " " its to do with the advert on your table " Well we hadnt had one on our table but probls wouldnt have seen it anyway, well if people ask I dont mind giving but just putting it on the bill I think is a dam cheek !!! so Im afraid I asked them to remove it.

I know its only 15p but it was the cheek of it. I dont always check bills but the place was rammed tonight to they would have a lot x
    Sorry if you dont agree but just had to vent x
    I saw this too and yes I thought it was a cheek to put it on your bill. Although we did pay it and didn't mention it to the staff. Perhaps next time we use Pizza Hut I'll deduct it off the tip I give the waiter.waitress

Carol xx

time_4_change Guest

Are they allowed to do that? what about all those people who don't realise or don't see the advert?

Cheeky things!

It doesn't matter about the value, they still should of asked/made it clear.

I give to charities but only what i can afford and only when i know what it is for etc!

x

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We went yesterday and got 2 kids eating free and 30% off total bill so were that pleased with the cheap meal that we never even noticed

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i can see your point but REALLY! its only 15p and if it stops a poor child from starving then I would happily pay it,, maybe they should have asked first but its 15p not £15!

sept 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have asked for it to be removed I choose who and where my money goes. And my husband would probaly still be there warning all others.
    CWR

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw this today and although I thought it was cheeky I also thought it was a great idea. Which of us who can afford to eat in pizza hut cant afford to give 15p? If you are going to complain maybe suggest there is a box to opt out rather than opt in.