Disneyland Paris
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Disneyland Paris

Ooh I'm so excited we've just booked to go to Disneyland on 16th Dec can't wait!

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone has been and has any advice for us. My 2 lo's are 3 and 10 are there any 'must do's' or hints and tips that we should know.

Travel agent said to take a tupperware box and put some croissants etc in at breakfast for lunchtime. Bit naughty but think i'll be eating enough at breakfast to keep me going and taking snacks for kids anyway.

Any advice would be great thanks xx

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

soooo jealous can I come too in your suitcase lol where are you staying?

it's a good idea to get fast passes for some of the more popular rides like Peter pan.

Food is quiet expensive there and beware when the characters are about be prepared to push as the french don't queue!

Most of all have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pixie Dust

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Staying at the Santa Fe wasn't too bothered as we are only planning on sleeping there having breakfast and out so don't need swimming pool etc

Do you get the fast passes there? Prob a good idea as its going to be quite cold I suppose.

We booked half board so we ok for breakfast and dinner so prob just snack for lunch

Plenty of room in suitcases for any stowaways lol x

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

lucky you
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

and beware when the characters are about be prepared to push as the french don't queue!

Too true they are sooooo rude.

Get in the park when it opens and fast track one top ride and then go and do another top ride.

Work out which parades you want to see.

Take warm clothing, gloves scarfs etc. And you will have so much fun
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

the advice to take a tupperware is so good, we took a few extra rolls at breakfast and made them up into sandwiches was worth carrying them as we saved a fortune, we bought drinks from the shop outside too a little cheaper then in the park

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went for our 7th trip in the summer hols
    We have stayed in the Santa Fe x 1, New york x 2, the Cheyene x1, Davy crocket x 2 and the Explorers x 1.

Food was extremely expensive ( around 9 euros for a burger, chips and drink! )
    Deffinately take something to put food in at breakfast for your lunch. They say not to do it, but everyone does. Some families have little production lines going making ham and cheese rolls

Make the most of the exclusive time before the park opens.

If you can afford it, try and go to the Biffalo Bill show, its amazing!

Also the free mini shows in the park are also very good but you do need to queue to get in.

The stunt show is another 'must see', make sure you start queueing about an hour before the show.

Characters that walk around can be a bit rude and ignore the children, you do need to push your little ones forward otherwise they will never get to the front, as most children just barge to the front.

The main charaters have queues which can be anything up to 2hrs long!

The Character breakfast is a great way for your children to get their photos and signatures with the characters without having to queue.

The main thing is take LOTS of money as it is very, very, very expensive over there now!

Have a great time
    Toothfairy

TheBTeam Guest

Have you got the half board where you get a voucher to use in quite a few of the restaurants in the park as well as your own hotel, the Mickey mouse restaurant (cant remember the name, but is just outside the park), even my 11 year old liked the characters coming round in there! And Walts was very nice food, not a buffet but better quality, and this was included with the vouchers.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    Have you got the half board where you get a voucher to use in quite a few of the restaurants in the park as well as your own hotel, the Mickey mouse restaurant (cant remember the name, but is just outside the park), even my 11 year old liked the characters coming round in there! And Walts was very nice food, not a buffet but better quality, and this was included with the vouchers.
    Thanks for all these tips!

Yes we are getting the vouchers think they canned used in about 8 restaurants. Micky mouse one sounds brilliant.

Can't wait to tell the kids but got to wait til the day before lol x

TheBTeam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clio0602 View Post
    Thanks for all these tips!

Yes we are getting the vouchers think they canned used in about 8 restaurants. Micky mouse one sounds brilliant.

Can't wait to tell the kids but got to wait til the day before lol x
    It is only the restaurant staff that dress up, not the park ones, but my kids really didnt care, they still got caught up in it all. They were 8 and just turned 12! My 12 year old was very reluctant to go, but had a fantastic time, loved the parades and because we did five days we had a day trip we did ourselves into Paris. We did lots of walking and depending on when you go we went between christmas and the new year it was pretty magical and we all enjoyed it, take very comfortable shoes and warm clothes, we had a thermal top (the type from Millets) and put them under a long sleeve top, a t shirt maybe over the top, a sweatshirt and a coat, and thermal socks over normal socks also.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    It is only the restaurant staff that dress up, not the park ones, but my kids really didnt care, they still got caught up in it all. They were 8 and just turned 12! My 12 year old was very reluctant to go, but had a fantastic time, loved the parades and because we did five days we had a day trip we did ourselves into Paris. We did lots of walking and depending on when you go we went between christmas and the new year it was pretty magical and we all enjoyed it, take very comfortable shoes and warm clothes, we had a thermal top (the type from Millets) and put them under a long sleeve top, a t shirt maybe over the top, a sweatshirt and a coat, and thermal socks over normal socks also.
    Were going 9 days before Xmas for 3 days. I have bought us all bargain thermal sets and we'll be taking the kids snow boots and lots of layers. Hate being cold and dd suffers a lot with the cold so hope she's warm enough all day in the cold.

Getting Christmassy already roll on Dec x