Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tattoos

Registered Childminder since
    mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tattoos

hello,

i've been thinking about having a tattoo for the last....15yrs!! still haven't done it LOL. change my mind on the design a few time

but my main issue is where to put it? i was in catering in france and it wasn't allowed for me to have any outside of uniforme! and in france tattoos are just started to get a bit more fashionable but on a woman it's still a big thing.

my mum is horrified that i'm still thinking about having one at 34yrs old : "mother of 2 with attoos? are you gone mad??"

so my questions are :

as a childminder does it look "bad"?
    have you got any
    if yes : where and what?

i really want one but i'm also a big critic and i only like things perfect...and centered LOL

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a single black star outline and it took me 10 yr to get!
    its on my right forearm just above wrist, barely noticed.
    My hubby has two sleeves almost so mine is pathetic but what i can say is you forget it is there so quick.
    I like centred and symmetrical too and mine is odd to others but straight to me!
    I'm thinking of shoulder stars now.
    PS i think very few people care now unless you get rude or crude?!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i was considering getting a belly button piercing - I'm 43:blush:
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a butterfly and flowers on my back over the right shoulder blade, which I had when I was 40yrs old and then at 46yrs I had one done on the inside of my wrist.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BabySignTalk View Post
    I have a butterfly and flowers on my back over the right shoulder blade, which I had when I was 40yrs old and then at 46yrs I had one done on the inside of my wrist.
    maybe i'll get down to that piercing shop after all then! i so want to do it (now I've got my flat belly back) but I'm worried i'll be embarassed about what others think
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khlwomitchell View Post
    i have a single black star outline and it took me 10 yr to get!
    its on my right forearm just above wrist, barely noticed.
    My hubby has two sleeves almost so mine is pathetic but what i can say is you forget it is there so quick.
    I like centred and symmetrical too and mine is odd to others but straight to me!
    I'm thinking of shoulder stars now.
    PS i think very few people care now unless you get rude or crude?!
    my husband has nearly 2 sleeves, and one calve done and he just one to keep going

my problem is i like big tattoo i'm trying to downsize my idea all the time as i want too many things in 1 tattoo...i'll end up with a back piece if i let myself go LOL

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one on my outer left thigh, quite high up.
    It's really only visible when I wear swimwear.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    maybe i'll get down to that piercing shop after all then! i so want to do it (now I've got my flat belly back) but I'm worried i'll be embarassed about what others think
    It took me until I was 40 yrs old to stop worrying about what others think, no matter what you do in life there are going to be others who do not aprove with certain things.
    By being true to myself I live life to the full

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BabySignTalk View Post
    I'm over 40. Thank goodness I'm not the only one of my age who is thinking of having one

I want a small design, either on my wrist or on my ankle. Just can't decide.

Would be a small Celtic design, not sure what yet, but something symbolising familly.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have any and would never have one as my Grandad made me and my sister promise him that we would never have one, as he had his done during the war and he hated them.

My husband however has loads, he used to work in a tattoo shop and when I first started childminding he was woried what parents would think of him and he still does now.

I think the tattoo has to be right for you, will you still think it looks good when your 70?

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyDayz View Post
    I think the tattoo has to be right for you, will you still think it looks good when your 70?
    I don't want to expose it now so i'm sure, well i hope i won't be exposing it at 70 lol.

there are loads of things that won't look pretty at seventy but that's why our eye sight goes done right??

have you ever seen gravity on older skin with implant....not great! but nothing a good bra can't sort

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a small star with my son's initial in the middle- it's on the side of my wrist. It's slightly bigger than a 20p piece. I've also got a small heart- it's on my bum so hardly anyone knows it's there! Even I forget sometimes! I'd like more- probably something on my foot, flowers or something.

My OH has lots- a half sleeve, a dragon on his calf, our sons name down his forearm, and 2 on his back. He wants to extend the sleeve to his wrist. Personally i'm not keen on too many, or really big ones- but it's his body, his choice! Who care's what anyone else thinks!!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Theyre not for me - but I see no reason not to go for it !
    Why shouldnt a childminder have one? There may be the odd parent out there who is put off but very few im sure.
    And as for a belly button piercing Juggler - Id need a skewer!

Jan 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i was considering getting a belly button piercing - I'm 43:blush:
    go for it, i love mine, had it done when i was 19 and took it out for each of my three kids but its back in. it make you feel that bit cheeky and you can get lovely taseful bars. Aslong as the area is iced or numbed well its not that bad, just don't watch them do it!

All those who's hubbys have loads of tatts... mine took my son to a&e with chipped elbow from falling off sofa and they asked him loads of probing questions as if he had done it, just coz of the way he looks, (shaved head too) shame isn't it. i have taken kids in with many an injury and never get the same treatment, my hubby felt awful. I think us ladies get off lightly!

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3, first one i had when i was 21 its a dolphin on my hip after that one i wanted more but it took me 16 years to get the other 2. I have a small star on the inside of my wrist and my childrens names with 2 small butterflies on my ankle this is my favorite one. Dont regret any of them. My DH is covered in them.

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a tattoo at the base of my spine, i got it done when i was 17 and even then i had made the decision that i was going to get my tattoo on my back so that when i am old old old and have wrinkly saggy skin i won't have to look at it! Only the odd few parents know about my tattoo and thats simply because my top has accidently ridden up when i have gone to pick something up! When we have children their names will fit within my tattoo without making it huge xx

june 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutly love to get one but I am such a coward and worry about the pain. If they could numb the area I would be there in a flash!!

BuggsieMoo Guest

Ive got my belly pierced, plus at present two tattoos. One is on my right shoulder blade so can be covered up and the other is across my lower back. My friend is part of a tribe in New Zealand and it part of their tribal design and means hero which I love. I am saving up to have my kids initials on my wrist. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had my first tattoo at 19 on my ankle(i am 43 now) ,my boys names on each wrist at 25. At 30 i had the ankle tattoo extended on to my foot and flowers added to my wrists. At 35 i had a design on the back of my neck and a beautiful fairy on my lower back. I love them all... i feel they compliment each other and people always comment on them in a positive way.
    The thought of a tattoo is always worse that having it done,like childbirth; if it was that painful why would we have more!!!!
    Think about your design and placement before you go,don't be afraid to talk to your tatooist. Just be careful..They are very addictive!

Post Thanks / Like

I have my childrens names in chinese writing at the base of my back. I had it done on my 30th birthday, i did think long and hard about it and I love it, i would like another one but i dont know where i would have it, as i like the fact that i can cover this one up.
    Lou xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast