Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tattoos

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i was considering getting a belly button piercing - I'm 43:blush:
    Do it, i have mine done

I would love a tatoo on my foot, small flower or something, would i love it when im 80 though

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by khlwomitchell View Post
    go for it, i love mine, had it done when i was 19 and took it out for each of my three kids but its back in. it make you feel that bit cheeky and you can get lovely taseful bars. Aslong as the area is iced or numbed well its not that bad, just don't watch them do it!

All those who's hubbys have loads of tatts... mine took my son to a&e with chipped elbow from falling off sofa and they asked him loads of probing questions as if he had done it, just coz of the way he looks, (shaved head too) shame isn't it. i have taken kids in with many an injury and never get the same treatment, my hubby felt awful. I think us ladies get off lightly!
    Mine was numbed, didnt feel a thing, ears hurt more being peirced

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3, 1 on each wrist with my children's names and one on my right hand at the side, my dads name but it is in a font where you can't tell what it says. My parents have never said anything about them. I am getting the next one done on the back of my neck.

My hubby has got 7 including 2 full sleves

I say if you want to then go for it, yes they are permanent but they are self expression
    Crazy Crackers

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 4, my first one at 17 on my left shoulder it's a swallow with a flower in it's mouth, then me and hubby where on a weekend away we got a little tipsy and we both have got a chinese symbol on our left upper arm which is suppose to mean true love I was early twenties when I had that one, on my 30th Birthday I had a lower back piece done (this is my favourite) then 2 years ago I had hubbys initials on my inner wrist in script writing I love this one too!!! 33 when I had this one.
    I am now nearly 36 and going to get one up my foot
    I always have mine where I can cover them up if I need or want to!!!

I say GO FOR IT x x x
    Is it Friday yet?

Jun 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3, 3 stars on my wrist, an orchid flower which goes from my foot to just above my ankle and stars and cherry blossom that goes from the top of my neck to the bottom of my back where it meets a lotus flower. I love all my tattoos, my husband has designed all of mine, I dont really like the idea of getting an of the shelf tattoo and someone else walking around with the same tattoo as me. My husband has both calfs done, one sleeve, the other shoulder and one on his shoulder blade. I'm not really bothered what people think of them. I love them and thats all that matters.

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a dove with an olive branch on my right ankle - about 2" beak to tail and a celtic tree of life on the underside of my right wrist which is about 2 and half inches in diameter. (This one did smart slightly ) I also have my nose pierced and wear a very tiny diamond stud. I don't wear copious amounts of make up (just a smidge of foundation), earings or any other jewlery - apart from wedding band. I love my tattoos and nose stud - they make me who I am!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a sun on my back, and am getting a new tattoo on my wrist on Saturday as my birthday pressie from OH!!!!

I don't worry about what my parents will say - it's our decision!!
    Marnie x

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 7 - as I was a teacher when I had mine done all mine can be covered easily so none knows I have them when wearing normal clothes.

My first was just a little butterfly on my ankle ( easily covered with socks/tights).
    Then I had a cheeky devil on my breast.
    I followed this with a dove on my shoulder.
    I then had my hubby's name added to my devil...
    I have 3 suns on my lower back.
    I have a cherub on my stomach
    Then I had a vine up my spine with flowers and butterflies coming off the vine and a flower fairy sat in a flower at the top near the base of my neck.
    Each has a meaning and symbolises a person or event in my life..

I also have a belly bar.

If you want one go for it!! It has never stopped me looking professional.

May 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 tattoos, it took me 2 years to finally pick my first one and that was a seahorse for my ankle.

I then had a sun outline on the top of my back, had that when I was pregnant with my first child

And also have a butterfly on my arm, just above my hand which i had on holiday a couple of years ago, it was soemthing I wanted for years and just spotted it on their wall and it was exaclt what i was looking for.

Its never affected my job, no ones ever meantioned it and i can cover all my up if I wanted which is why I had them in those places.

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a tattoo on my lower back, centred (lol!) It's 2 Japanese symbols which say "Heavenly Being" - in English it translates to one word - "Angel". I love my tattoo I got it done in Japanese cos I knew someone who spoke/wrote fluently in the language and wanted to make 100% sure I was getting the correct word tattooed!!!

I'm going to get my 2 boys' names tattooed on each (inner) wrist soon too. I think tattoos can look great, no matter what your age (depending where you have them). I personally don't like BIG tattoos on ladies, but descreet ones look fabby

Hels xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12