Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: summer hoildays

Registered Childminder since
    aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default summer hoildays

we are just looking at booking a hoilday next year
    we would love to go some were there is sun but has got to be good for the kids 13,11 and 6
    just dont no were togo
    any iders please

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We go all inclusive when we take the teenagers so they have friends to meet in the complexes, it's safer for them to wander round the hotel area and food and drink on tap whenever they want it.

I save up a bit every month so it's not as much of a shock when I pay for it

This year we went to Greece, we also all love the south coast of Spain and the Canaries.

Enjoy

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It has to be Orlando, the kids are just at the right age to enjoy all the parks, we go every year and I love it

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you
    can you let me no were abouts you stayed and if it was any good
    this will be the first time i have takin me kids away dont mind were we go but would like somwere the kids would love

Post Thanks / Like

All inclusive hotels are brilliant for kids, keeps them out of your pockets. Would hihly reccommend.
    Il Divo's best fan - Toni x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bestmum2have View Post
    All inclusive hotels are brilliant for kids, keeps them out of your pockets. Would hihly reccommend.
    i only recommend them if you don't mind being surrounded by hundreds of other kids. just got back from a week at First Choice Holiday Village all incl in Costa del Sol and it was a living nightmare. you have to remember that every kid of every family there has also been let out of their parents pockets too. never again for as long as i live. worst £21/2k i have ever parted company with
    Last edited by marleymoo; 27-08-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typo

Apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    i only recommend them if you don't mind being surrounded by hundreds of other kids. just got back from a week at First Choice Holiday Village all incl in Costa del Sol and it was a living nightmare. you have to remember that every kid of every family there has also been let out of their parents pockets too. never again for as long as i live. worst £21/2k i have ever parted company with

I would tend to agree, I know there are probably some who have had good experiences of All Inc, but we did have a bad time.

Everybody just seemed to want to grab everything on offer, meal times was a nightmare, they kept running out of food, kids everywhere running around, the pool area was packed all the time, certainly not my idea of a good holiday, but like I said I am sure there are some great all inc holidays available.

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I would tend to agree, I know there are probably some who have had good experiences of All Inc, but we did have a bad time.

Everybody just seemed to want to grab everything on offer, meal times was a nightmare, they kept running out of food, kids everywhere running around, the pool area was packed all the time, certainly not my idea of a good holiday, but like I said I am sure there are some great all inc holidays available.
    parents were so busy chillaxing that they didn't bother to change baby swim nappies and pool had to be emptied 2/7 days to clear pool of poo, ugh! and this was a UK only hotel so only Brits responsible for this debacle...shameful

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    parents were so busy chillaxing that they didn't bother to change baby swim nappies and pool had to be emptied 2/7 days to clear pool of poo, ugh! and this was a UK only hotel so only Brits responsible for this debacle...shameful
    oh that is disgusting!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

does anyone else have any good experiences of all inclusive??

I am trying to twist DH arm... we are thinking of going early may so that its as cheap as possible. everything is open, just!!

otherwise year after dd starts school and then were doomed!!! will never be able to afford holiday season
    boo

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

We are currently on our 3rd all inclusive and although this one is very different to the others as its a Nile cruise we have never had a problem with them. Be very choosy where you go and maybe don't go to an all British one. We have been to Egypt and Rhodes and as I said now this one which Is a cruise on the Nile probably not great tor kids though

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    We are currently on our 3rd all inclusive and although this one is very different to the others as its a Nile cruise we have never had a problem with them. Be very choosy where you go and maybe don't go to an all British one. We have been to Egypt and Rhodes and as I said now this one which Is a cruise on the Nile probably not great tor kids though
    funnily enough, we are doing cruises next year instead. i think this is the way forward for us now as our son will be almost 14 next year. we thought an all brits one would be for the best but boy were we wrong...

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post
    We done a nile cruise .......fab

Also all inclusive's, tbh we only do IA and have never had a prob, love Tenerife just choose a smaller hotel that way its not packed x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

would love to be able to go term time really but don't want to take son out of school. it's not because of the price difference, it's to have less kids around me.

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we did all inclusive at aqua blu sharm egypt last year its got 32 slides and 9 pools food is lovely and has its own pizza place an caters for loads of diferent tastes
    very clean inside and out the pools are immaculate
    downsideit does open to the public but when we went in august last year it still wasnt over crowded

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    we did all inclusive at aqua blu sharm egypt last year its got 32 slides and 9 pools food is lovely and has its own pizza place an caters for loads of diferent tastes
    very clean inside and out the pools are immaculate
    downsideit does open to the public but when we went in august last year it still wasnt over crowded
    i have been looking at this one is it not to hot as i have been told not to go to egypt in the summer as it is too hot for the kids

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

my sister went at easter and it was hot but not unbearably so. she loved it and is going again next year.

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We went allincusive this year to Kalamaki in Zante for the first time .We were with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson (age 2years) I didn't know what to expect but it was fantastic ,food excellent hotel very good. Yes there were children but there were enjoying themselves not being a nuisance, it was noiser than I'm used to ( usually go all adults) but I really enjoyed it.Will certainly be going allinclusive again.

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to go to the Ultra AI. The 5* plus ones.

They never run out of food as they have a 24hour restaurant as a back up and at least 5 al a carte.

They tend to be in large spread out resorts so it never seems busy.

The ones that are in Turkey when you fly into Antalaya along that coast are all up to the higher standard.

We always do a two week AI here in the summer Bliss
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy1956 View Post
    We went allincusive this year to Kalamaki in Zante for the first time .We were with my daughter, son-in-law and grandson (age 2years) I didn't know what to expect but it was fantastic ,food excellent hotel very good. Yes there were children but there were enjoying themselves not being a nuisance, it was noiser than I'm used to ( usually go all adults) but I really enjoyed it.Will certainly be going allinclusive again.
    we have looked at this one and i think thats the one we will be going to
    so looking forword to it as we have not had a hoilday this year can i ask what the weather was like we are thinking of going in june

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast