Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Red face have you got a phobia

i know this is on another forum but i thought it was interesting,

my phobia is

anything that looks like electrical.....i am ok with lights, kettles etc. its what i call "big electric"

these are things like pylons...i cant look at them,

electrical substations- there is one big one next to the M6 in brum and i have to look to one side as i drive past.

the cooling towers of powerstations....again there used to be some right by the M1 at shefffield and i would find a detour to get past it without going close.

actually writing all this down i realise i am a complete and utter nutter

oh...i dont like spiders either and if one has been killed on the floor i will not step on the area until i have forgotten about it

dont like jelly

snakes

mandy xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Going round corners in the car

the little ones are ok its the big ones

ALSO for out of date even by one day in the bin it goes !!!!!!!
    One life live it

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Heights I can deal with anything else
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

FEB 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont like ;
    heights

or going over bidges, like train bridges, i walk very fast over them, my own two dd's when we walk over them they shout,,, ooohhh im falling and go near the edge,, i scream,,,, i feel like a nutter to,,, especially if some ones wlaking passed at the same time....

I did get on the london eye, with my daughters, and sat right in the middle of the seat, with a cardigan up by my eyes, so i couldnt see out the bottom of the floor.........
    Last edited by glitzygal; 24-06-2011 at 06:37 PM.
    I WISH IN 2011 TO BE A SKINNY COW,,,,,,,,,,,, MY PICTURE,,,

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh where to start

Biggest ones:

Butterflies/moths (huge phobia thanks to dh. When I was pregnant with ds (now3) one got into the office where I work I ran out and downstairs and refused to go back to my desk until it had gone. work mates thought it hilarious until they saw me shaking and realised it wasnt a joke and were very wary from then on even moved me away from the window incase one got in I warning had chance to escape lol

Spiders depending on the size can cope with little ones but big ones a no no.

Wet gloves...make me cringe eewww shivering now..

Heights - can't stand them despite going paragliding, going to the toip of the eiffel tower and empire state building

the sea - not sure why but takes all my effort to paddle- again despite going paragliding over the sea.

Could go on Im just a big sissy really how I get by in life amazes me lol

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

did i mention children near water my children i have nightmares about that one !
    One life live it

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

and there's more..

i cant swim in the sea...scared what may be lurking...i am a child of the 70s..Jaws!

lifts....i got stuck in kendals (i think) in manchester when i was little.

i will probably think of more

mandy xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

Beans they make me vomit
    One life live it

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm mine are not being able to move, since having spinal with dd.

Claustraphobic, being buried alive, drowning, being restrained on a spinal board. All similar but I have sleepless nights thinking i'll get 'locked in syndrome' and have to talk myself round or think of happy things! Very strange I know think I need help

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine is a wierd one. Although i guess phobias by there very defination are weird.

I am terrified of dirty toilets, overflowing toilets, public toilets where the lights are out so it is dark and i can't see into the toilet.

If our toilet is ever blocked i can't unblock it, i either ask my son to do it or wait until my husband comes home. Good job we have more than one.

I think this came about after staying at a relatives caravan when i was young and having to use a chemical toilet in a hut without lights. Thank goodness caravans have their own loos these days.
    If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Drowning - i cant even watch someone underwater on TV without holding my breath (have passed out twice though it ) ...... the odd thing is i scuba dive!

Closed and locked doors - i hate having my doors locked when mindees are here, i cant have closed internal doors either, even when iv been in hospital iv dragged my IV stand over to the door to wedge it open (only for some nurse to close it again! ) i just cant seem to relax when i have closed doors
    What a crock!!!

Aug 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a really big fear of heights - can't even stand on a chair without freezing with fear! Thought I'd try to overcome this fear 25 yrs ago when on holiday in Spain. At a lovely quiet beach I found a diving board in the cliff - must have been 25' high. In my daft teenage brain, I thought if I dove from the diving board I would overcome my fears!!!!! I stood there, swaying in the breeze and after about 5 minutes was too afraid to turn around so figured I'd go for it! Stupidly, I dived from the board as though I were diving from a pool side - ended up somersaulting through the air and landing on the back of my neck!!!! Wont do that again!!

Oh yeah - can't stand maggots or daddy long legs either!

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Urgh im terrified of spiders - to the point where i cannot bear it if one crawls on me! I lose my breath!
    Those and enclosed spaces - i too cannot bear to be closed in a room and have removed all of the downstairs doors (exept the externals of course ) Also cannot bear complete darkness, i feel smothered by the dark and struggle to breathe...
    ultimately i am terrified of not being able to breathe....

oddbodd

What's for you, wont pass by you

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Driving, the thought of it makes me feel ill , although Im a good passenger Im a strange one , poor Hubby and Son just dont get it as they love driving

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Being underwater. Love swimming but cant bear my face being in the water

Spiders- have been known to wake in the early hours having 'seen' a spider on my pillow and insist on stripping the bed. Bizarrely 3 of my 4 sisters have similair dreams!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Driving, the thought of it makes me feel ill , although Im a good passenger Im a strange one , poor Hubby and Son just dont get it as they love driving
    I don't do driving either - people think I am strange! I tell them it would be worse for them if I did learn and they had me to deal with on the roads terrifies me

spiders - the fat ones especially with big palps (DD used to call them boxing gloves but they are mouth parts I think?)

heights - total vertigo sufferer . I don't just get scared and cry, the ground moves and doesn't look solid. Worst for me are bridges with no edges over water I did go on London eye with my family - sat all the time If I don't have to move my feet it's marginally better - this one was a big one for me but my biggest achievement was to go to Tintagel castle - crossing the bridge and climbing the steps up there. I did cry and cling to the rocks/railings (made a total wally of myself but my kids were so proud of me and we got someone to take a family pic to prove it)

I can't watch TV when someone is high up on a building and about to jump - I go dizzy myself and start crying as if I am there too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't mind spiders, mice, rats, snakes or any of the usual things.
    I don't like heights very much but i wouldn't say it's a phobia.

I really , really , really hate...................... meringues
    Yep thats right , book me a place at the loony bin , find me a nice straight jacket

They're just so.......... so yucky ! I hate the crunchy sound they make and they are sooooooo sweet it makes my teeth ache just thinking about them.
    They really make me shudder !

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i can't do heights, although i was fine on the empire state building, going over bridges makes me very nervous and i can't do driving up mountains on holiday as i can then see over the side of the mountain and i start shaking

if someone is drowning i aslo hold my breath until they are free

i am extremely chlaustrophobic, for me it's about control and if i am play fighting with my ds or dh they have learnt not hold my arms down or cover my face as i go into a complete panic

also i can't go to the dentist because i am out of control

I was very brave this morning going on the tube in london whcih i hate with a passion in case it stops in a tunnel and then i start hyperventialting

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Maggots - alive and squirming all over the place.

Fishing programs seeing a box of live maggots sends shudders down my spine and

Watching the opening credits on True Blood and seeing the dead fox being eaten by maggots, makes my vomit, I have to look away, my DH says 'now' so that he doesn't have to pause the program while I run to the toilet!

Nothing else bothers me too much.
    Sandy
    xx

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, people with weird phobia like me!

I agree with everything so far on spiders (I don't kill them if I can I get someone else to remove it. If not then I use my Necronomicon. Nothing survives that!), the sea (Jaws here too, I think), driving (not so much a phobia, but a very rational aversion for a dyspraxic, I feel. My mother on the other hand thinks I'm certifiable for this one alone) and butterflies/moths.

I also get really freaked out by: Clowns (IT. Thanks for that, Steven King, You total and utter b*stard!), bread with flour on the top (argh argh argh argh I hate that so much. I mean, why would someone do that? WHY?!?!) and bugs (or as they are so delightfully now renamed - minibeasts. They will not be involved at my setting, I can tell you now!). Four legs good - more legs bad, I always think.

Also, mobile phones and for some reason - morris dancers and accordion players. I don't know why, but they completely creep me out.

I'm a total freak, aren't I.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast