Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default online or go myself

for the past year or so I have shopped online with asda but just latley they have been a bit naf,, like last week they deliverd 1 chicken leg instead of 4 and I know I booked it for sunday but they delivered on a saturday!
    anyway I cant decide wether to try a different online supermarkett or wether to go shopping myself,,
    so here are my pros and cons of shopping on line

pros
    can see how much I am spending
    dont have to drag to bored kids around the shop
    dont feel tempeted to buy extras cause they on offer

cons
    dont always deliver exactly what I want (although this is rare)
    delivery cost which for my day is £4.50

so what do you guys do/ what do you think is better
    online shop or go shopping

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I like to go shopping and have a wander around

Post Thanks / Like

I use both methods. I am lucky in the fact that I don't have my own children to drag around now as they are grown up, so can do it in peace! Downside is that if I wait until I don't have mindees I either have to go late at night or the week-end!

I have only used Tesco for home delivery (apart from Iceland which you buy instore and then get delivered) so no experience of other stores. June and I ordered our Easter Eggs and got them delivered (we needed 42 between us) . Had lots of substitutes, some of which weren't really appropriate, but did get larger/better eggs than those we ordered

I mostly use home delivery for things such as toilet rolls, kitchen roll, cleaning stuff, bottles of pop, things that fill up the trolley I do this at the beginning of the month when I have been paid and stock up hopefully for the month!

Not really much help am I

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I stopped online shopping with for these reasons too, they were terrible every time. I like shopping in the shop but I use tesco online now, they are so much better (maybe not cheaper though) but when you cant get out there fine.
    Sam xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I use Tesco online for my mum as she can't get out any more and they are mostly ok.

They do some strange substitutions sometimes and once she got 25 bunches of bananas!

But usually they are ok

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Ocado, they have been great.
    If something is out of stock they text you to say so, they also text you to remind you when your order is being delivered.
    They show you on screen how long the shelf life is, which is a great help.
    I always seem to get a 15% off voucher too which helps with the bill. Alot of their foods are Tesco Price matched.
    I tend to go for late delivery slots as they are cheaper, around £2.99.
    I find if I shop online I spend less as I only order what I need, if I go around the shop I tend to think "Oh that looks nice, I'll have one of those"

In the shop my bill is usually around £100 per week but online I can get it down to around £75/£80
    Last edited by Toothfairy; 27-05-2011 at 09:16 AM.
    Toothfairy

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Since our Tesco expanded and I spent ages looking for things, I only shop online now at Tesco.

There have been a couple of minor problems, last week the only gave me 2 milks instead of 3 and the apples were bruised. I usually just email them and they refund straight away.

Linda.

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have tried most of them online!

ASDA - the worst. Terrible customer service. The last time I ordered (not used them while Tesco had vouchers on) they couldn't find me so went away - they had no phone so couldn't ring They delivered next day - so no bread for packed lunches and 6 things were missing completely - another phone call - refunded but that didn't help the fact that we had no cornflakes No wonder they are cheaper - apparently, between 5 delivery drivers they have 1 work mobile phone and 1 sat nav which they let the woman driver use. Will not use them again.

Tesco - not bad - few substitutions but usually ok and deliver on time or phone to see if they can come earlier. I use cheaper times for delivery - evenings/mid week and collect the school vouchers only downside is my local small store no longer delivers so I feel bad it is coming from quite a few miles away.

Sainsburys - using at the moment. Pretty much same as Tesco.

Waitrose - more expensive but use them once a month as I prefer their meat think you only need to spend £50 for free delivery? this comes from my local store, so good for carbon footprint

Ocardo - they will be next to try, waiting for a code for money off or if sainsburys don't come up to scratch!

Online works for me (when it turns up) as I don't drive and live out in the sticks. DH drives but works late or very late and refuses to go to town when he gets in from the farm working.
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i've used tesco mainly, but where we live now, the tesco that my online shop comes from is quite small and doesn't always have the things i want! ( even though there is a HUGE tesco just as close in a different direction! )

just used asda a couple of times, both times the driver had to ring to ask where i was, despite precise directions on my order! cheap delivery. both times my bananas were badly bruised and very ripe and i sent them back. the second time i rang customer services and they said they would ring the store and ask for green bananas for my order .... they never came! i will try one more time!

might try ocado.

its more economical for them to deliver, as it costs me more to drive to the shop, than the delivery charge!

but this week i did the 50mile round trip to asda myself as needed to wander and get new ideas!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to shop online with Tesco, ordered from Asda this week for a change and it was pants! lots of random subs and unlike Tesco they didn't price match!

I get my fruit and veg from the local shop which do home delivery boxes of local produce now

My treat each week is my graze box www.graze.com get your first box free and second box half price with this code J6C6R6F3, it's less than I would spend on chocolates and I point them for WW

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been having shopping delivered with Ocado on and off for nearly ten years now! I started when I lived in a flat on my own and would get a delivery once a month of big, heavy and frozen items.
    I now have a weekly pass so do not pay for delivery - I think it cost about £10 for a month. I like ocado cos they take the shopping into the kitchen for you. I have used Sainsburys in the past but find they pile it up infront of the front door - leaving you unable to close the door - not an ideal with 4 kids in the house!! Also sainsburys sell by dates are quite short. And ocado fruit and veg seems to last a lot longer than sainsburys.

Tried tesco when we were on holiday once and they substituted a tub of flora with 4 pork pies

Online shopping all the way for me - DS1 and 2 think its a great treat to go to a supermarket
    Grindal

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

At the beginning of the year we started to get Sainsbury's deliveries as my DH wanted his Saturday back! It worked quite well. We only stopped having deliveries as I had a time when I only had an after schoolie so made sense for me to go shopping and save on delivery charges. Hx

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i used to shop with tescos but found their delivery charge to be more expensive so went to asda,,, think i might try going shopping this week, although i do like to see how much im spending,, oh Im so undecided

Feb04
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Asda up until now as I found them cheaper, however due to poor customer service (partly to do with the fact that they have moved their customer services to Cape Town, S.A & they didn't know what time it was here in England ), I am considering going in-store rather than shopping on-line! We don't get ocado here yet, but if we did I would consider giving them a try.
    When I do my on-line shop, it is always just for 'cupboard stuff ', I don't buy fresh produce on-line as I prefer to pick it myself!

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

well went shopping at tescos today and after getting a stress headache, a back ache from pushing the trolley and spending £40 extra I can safley say that next week I will be shopping online!

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i shall be going asda tonight with the rest of the saddos with no social life (also gets me away from the MIL for a few hours).

i have used Tesco for home delivery before & wasnt impressed, the fresh produce had a very short shelf life (though i find that with tesco instore aswell) and it only lasted a few days.....also got the wrong sized nappies & when your housebound with a broken foot, partner working away, a 3 month old baby & a toddler the last thing you need to do is run out of nappies ......has put me off home delivery for life

i like to check out whats 'new' on the shelves aswell & hope it give me some meal inspiration
    What a crock!!!