WHERE OR HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR OTHER HALF
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default WHERE OR HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR OTHER HALF

How did you meet your other half / hubby / wife / partner / boyfriend or whatever you want to call him or her

Did you fancy them for ages before they noticed you ?

Did you chat on the internet for ages first ?

Were they just friends then you decided to go out?

Was it a blind date?

Did you know them for ages or a short while before you got together ?

Did you meet them some other way?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

he was my flatmate , so no escape from day1!

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We went to the same primary school but separate secondery schools. I used to go out with his best friend and I really didn't like him then as I thought he was too loud and opinionated. Then when I started playing darts for the same pub as him we got to know each other better, been married for 22 years now.
    Why hasn't Gary Barlow come to my rescue yet?

Mar 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I met my partner in the pub !!
    It turned out that he was the brother of one of the mums of a little boy i looked after at a nursery i worked at lol
    we are still together now after 8 years and have a 6 year old boy

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I met my hubby online. He lived in a tiny village in the downs, and looked on AOL profiles from single women in west sussex. He added a few to his friends and I was the first one to come online the same time as him, so he said hello. We talked constantly online and on the phone and we met up 2 weeks later and he never really went home Apart from extended hospital stays during my pregnancy we have spent about 5 nights apart since our first date. Only told my BF recently that he was upstairs when she came round the morning after our first date

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I met my dh when I went out with friends to a rugby function and got extermly drunk

Dont think i would have spoken to him otherwise
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

sept 2006
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i meet my husband through an internet dating agency just over 8 years go.
    last monday we celebrated our 7th wedding anniversay

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

A trip to Alton towers with my friend Claire, met him on the coach. My friend didn't like him thought he was arrogant and fancied himself, she told me he was married with a load of kids to keep me away from him. So I told him I don't go with married men he said i am only 21 and not married,she was so embarrassed she went bright red. 25 years later he is still hanging around
    Alyson x

aly Guest

Online here too.

As a laugh me and a friend went onto the freinds reunited dating site...I got talking to this one guy....He told me that he was recently separated from his wife so wasnt looking into anything serious..{why apply to a dating site then??} so when talking via msn he added in his mate into the conversation..{si} and we carried on talking and decided after 2 months to go out...and 7 years later talking about getting married maybe next year...after 3 years of being engaged.

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

I met mine at Church We lead the youth group together, put together by God
    Ali xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to London to work. I worked with dh sister and got to know her and was invited to her parents for Sunday lunch and met him then. He was just my friends brother, she got married 8 months later but her parents still used to invite me round for Sunday lunch from time to time and I was invited to family parties etc. when his sister was there.

About 5yrs on, I and a couple of friends wanted to learn how to play Mah Jong. Long story but one of my students at the time (I taught cake decorating and cookery at Adult pm Classes) offered to teach us but we needed a 4th person. I remembered my friends brother had mentioned that he would like to learn, so I phoned him and the rest as they say, is history.!!

We were married less than 2yrs later, we celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary on 1st April. Goodness where has the time gone

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I met my DH in a pub, he was playing pool and bending over the pool table. I thought to myself "Ummmm thats a nice Bum"

He happened to be a friend of the girlfriend I had gone to the pub with, so she introduced me to him and it all went from there

We started seeing each other, got engaged after a year, married two years after that and have been married 20 years this July
    Toothfairy

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Which one? Which other half that is.

I'm taking my dil and granddaughter to the station soon and then going for the mri scan so back much later.
    Sue

aug 08
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you meet your other half / hubby / wife / partner / boyfriend or whatever you want to call him or her

I MET MY HUSBAND AT WORK

Did you fancy them for ages before they noticed you ?
    WE WERE FRIENDS FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS BEFORE WE GOT TOGETHER AND YES I DID FANCY HIM DURING THIS TIME

Did you chat on the internet for ages first ?
    NOPE

Were they just friends then you decided to go out?
    YES

Was it a blind date?
    NO
    Did you know them for ages or a short while before you got together ?
    6 MONTHS THEN WE GOT TOGETHER, I WAS ONLY 19 YEARS OLD AND HE WAS 22 YEARS OLD, BEEN TOGETHER 13 YEARS NOW!
    Did you meet them some other way?

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

i met mine in a pub. i was on a bit of a bender as my nan had died two weeks before so down in the dumps. saw an old friend and got chatting and dh was one of his mates.turned out later when i met mil that our nans sat next to each other in there care home very freaky

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

steve used to be a painter and decorator, the company he worked for had the contract to paint the council houses opposite my mum and dads house.

on my last day of school my friend and me walked past him and into my house, that night him and his friend turned up on their motor bikes and sat outside..lol ( i then found out he lived 17 miles away ) me and my friend went out and started talking to them, and that was that i was 16 and he was 18, we got engaged exactly a year later, every one said i was to young and it would never last but almost 23 years later i think we might have proved them wrong

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby started off life as my driving instructor! we got on really well during lessons and used to text each other in between lessons - just chat mind - he offered to teach me to surf if i passed my test, which i did. He said he first fancied me on the morning of my driving test, when we got to the test centre i let my hair down out of its pony which it lived in at that point and did a proper hollywood swish and he went week at the knees.

i took a 5 hour train trip to his house in devon and he taught me to surf - then the next weekend i went again and we sort of clicked. within 3 weeks he had touched my tummy and saw an image of a scan baby and said we were going to have a baby together!
    Blessed Be!

Dec 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Blind date x

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like

I met my husband at a wedding. His friend was marrying my friend, they had met at university and were from different parts of the country, so if they had not married we would not have met.

They had a very bad divorce years ago and we are no longer in contact

We have been married 19 years this summer

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Met my 2nd dh at work whilst I was still married to No 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast