Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Myrena Coil

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooEarlyForGin? View Post

Funnily enough I wasn't going to reply until I read your response. I was on cerazette and me and my DH fell out horrendously as he didn't think I fancied him at all anymore, even going as far to hint that I must be getting it elsewhere. I didn't think there was anything wrong at all, I just felt maybe I had come to the end of my "love life", until I started looking into it, finding that this pill can be a major issue with sex drive. I came off, deciding he could get the snip instead but started suffering with such horrific period pains it was frightening, after a scan I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis, and was advised to go back on the pill again and stop my periods or have a coil YIPEE (V sarcastic as DH got out of responsibility again) I chose the coil as was advised as the hormone is localised I shouldn't have the problems I was having before. After 6 months, I must say am very happy, you just forget about it, I've had no periods and just felt a bit "fat" as it can cause a bit of a bloating feeling (nothing to do with me eating more of course), and have a reasonable sex life again (when I'm not knackered)
    That's good to hear ., took the pill years ago and had similar problems .. I want this because I have very heavy periods , dh was gonna have snip but no point if I can sort this too.

Good to get both sides as well.. Will give it three months and see how it goes can always get it out

Apr 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is probably the only contraception I haven't tried! I've not had any children though so it's not really recommended as can be really hard to put in! I suffer from migraines so my dr wanted me to come off the combined pill. I then went on the mini pill and bled all the time on it, then I had the implant and bled on that too! Then I tried the injection, which worked for a while but then I started bleeding again. So, I decided to come off everything which was fine for a while but then I started having prolonged periods again - lasting over a month at a time! I went to the dr numerous times, he gave me pills to stop the bleeding, I've been for a scan but nothing found (he suspected fibroids).

Weirdly it stopped by itself for about 4 weeks and started again end of last week, so will see how this one goes but feel like I'm fighting a losing battle and no idea what to do to help it!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. I hear many mixed reports about the M coil....Usually after I tell people I had one fitted when I fell pregnant with my daughter..
    Everyone has a different story! It seems its as good for most as it is bad for some. Always worth a try though if the MR has had the snip anyway!!
    I sent my Mr to have the snip while I was still pregnant with DD, told him it was that or NEVER AGAIN

Post Thanks / Like

The marina coil didn't work for me but in a away I'm glad it didn't because I wouldn't of had my 4th child beautiful little princess Lavinia. x

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a myrena coil as the progestrone part of my HRT - the HRT combined tablets made me evil, but by having the myrena coil and taking just oestrogone only HRT tablets I feel more like my old self. It took a few months to settle down and sometimes I get a little bit of blood stained discharge for a few days but other than that no periods. I hadn't had proper periods for years so wasn't impressed when I started HRT to find they started again - but with the coil, nothing, zilch, hurray!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catlyn View Post
    another fan here Had it for nearly ten years (not the same one) love it...no periods, no pmt....just brilliant
    I've actually kept the same one for over 8 years...I recommend it to everyone and anyone, it took a couple of weeks to settle in (but then I had also had a D&C and think maybe it was discomfort from that possibly too). It was supposed to be replaced after 5 years...they reminded me at the last smear and I never got around to it and now I'm due again...I think I might get a telling off!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys got the coil in finally last night and yay it's working already! Dr said I looked washed out so she thought it would work for me .. Wasn't too bad going in and no cramps etc
    After but did dose myself up initially in case.. However I am quite dizzy,
    Started last night after I got up from the table and hasn't abated, bit headachy and nauseous .. Is this normal?!

Post Thanks / Like

And., it's out again! Fell out, have to try again tomorrow but if it doesn't work will have to use something else now have an awful headache is making my face ache is this normal after removal?!

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Only just seen this murphf, (I'm sure the app doesnt always show everything!)
    Oh what a pain in the bum! Hope it works again tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
    I'm currently debating having another one fitted after having ds, it's such an easy form of contraception but I do suffer with cysts (now only have one ovary left) and apparently if I take the pill it will suppress the hormone that creates cysts. I have just experienced my first proper monthly for goodness knows how many years and not sure I'm up for that each month haha!!

Post Thanks / Like

If it's a pain in the bum it's in the wrong place!!!

11. Likes AliceK, Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I started the whole menopause cycle after the birth of my youngest at 36....... Only then we were not absolutely convinced it was MP and not linked to recent birth...fast forward a couple of years and blood test confirmed early menopause....but the coil had not been sufficiently tested to be the solution, so HRT was recommended as the answer and it was wonderful, instant stop of nighttime sweating ( drenching), and flushes so intense that in the middle of a conversation I would almost spurt sweat !! Heavy bleeding that meant I spent my whole life in maternity pads! Mood swings that stretched my DH patience to its limits. Very embarrassing and uncomfortable.
    At the time, HRT was in early days and so no research had proven that 2 years is the max you should be on it .... So 10 years later ...!!! I came off and life has continued to be great but there is always the thought of the consequences...
    Younger Friends going through similar experiences have had the coil for 5 years ...assessed situation and basically have put off HRT until later and therefore safer.

I would go for it as GP suggests, stick with it as lots of the forum suggest, and relish in the thought of no more periods as this was the one great thing about the HRT I was on !!

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by watford wizz View Post
    If it's a pain in the bum it's in the wrong place!!!
    Hahahaha!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol thanks guys uou made me laugh!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thing I ever did was having one fitted - it just released progesterone - no more periods, no more pain but occasionally I get a bloated tummy but no weight gain. I had it fitted Oct 12
    Debbie

16. Likes ziggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's great to hear positive reviews! Really hoping it will work today or I think I am for surgery!!

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I've ah mine since sept 10 and love it! I need to go and get it replaced though as I have started bleeding (very fainty) and the nurse said it would need changing once that starts to happen as I have had none at all.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I started off with combined HRT tablets but the progesterone really didn't agree with me, now I just take oestrogen only hrt and have a myrena coil - I have my life back, the menopause symptoms have gone away and I feel years younger.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's in again! Thanks for your support ladies! Apparently my uterus is tilted backwards (trust me to be special!) so it wasn't in the right place.. They have scanned me and happy that it's in the right place now and dr gave me her mobile number in case of problems but she expects just to see me in six weeks .. Yay!

21. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    And., it's out again! Fell out, have to try again tomorrow but if it doesn't work will have to use something else now have an awful headache is making my face ache is this normal after removal?!
    Oh no!!! my second one went missing but went upwards not outwards had it removed surgically and steralised at the same time, then roll on 3 years and had to have another one because periods went haywire and heavy bleeding every other week.

Not sure about headache make sure you mention it when you go.

Hope you get on ok today
    Cath

mar06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got this had a few years but I still bleed every month on the same day it's very light but I still get them but it's the only thing I'm allowed due to blood clots in leg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast