Myrena Coil
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Myrena Coil

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="tinkerbelle;1344206"]i had the marina coil and it came out had scans and xrays to double check it had gone then had another one fitted in december last year had to have it removed two weeks ago as i ended up pregnant luckily its not ectopic and alls gd with the baby[/QUOTE
    Gosh uou went through the mill! Glad all well with baby!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphf View Post
    So this is a contraceptive also?
    hon, no-one ever offered me the ablation either - I researched on the internet, asked my GP and she referred me! then she told me she referred 4 ladies the same day!

I don't think it's 100% as a contraceptive as I guess linings of wombs can grow back and eggs can implant - but they wouldn't do it for ladies not done with their families (also my hubby's has had the snip) If you are done with babies, you'd have a good case but it depends on your age maybe - I'm 46 so they are happy for me to have it done.

I'm having it done on Tuesday so will let you know how it goes. I know so many people who've had really bad problems (emotionally) with the coil I wouldn't touch it - they've been trying to talk me into it for years but I'm not going there. My mum also had a hysterectomy early (late 40's) and this seems much less radical than a hysterectomy and less invasive - 2 days recovery and no surgery as they go in from downstairs - lol!
    Last edited by The Juggler; 21-02-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    i had the marina coil and it came out had scans and xrays to double check it had gone then had another one fitted in december last year had to have it removed two weeks ago as i ended up pregnant luckily its not ectopic and alls gd with the baby
    wow! congrats! Guessing it's not a great contraceptive then
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear all is going well. Give it another month or two and maybe the peiods will stop altogether
    Debbie

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345