Can anyone recommend a Holiday abroad?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    APR 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Can anyone recommend a Holiday abroad?

Hi we are looking at going aboard at the end of May and early June. We are taking two children aged 6 and 9 with us and do not want them getting bored. Has anyone been to Turkey ? If you have what was it like and where did you stay? Any other ideas would be great.

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a Holiday abroad?

hi

we went to turkey in September after the schools went back

we found that there were still families there but mostly pre school children

there was activities in the pool for children and families all day really

we went to Lara Beach Antalya
    wow topkapi Palace
    all inclusive 5 star with direct holidays

The Rooms were very nice and roomy

wave pool
    lazy river
    relaxing pool- very quiet in that area
    slides into water

and three other pools

food was fantastic too

hope this helps you to decide

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i went to marmaris in turkey, personally i didnt like it as the shop owners & locals were constantly grabbing at the children but everyone has different views of resorts.

My fave destination is Egypt as the locals are lovely, the sea is amazing, the beaches are lush, the hotels and the weather are perfect & its CHEAP

(not sharm el shiekh though unless you like busy busy busy, i like quieter beach holidays)

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't go wrong with the canaries either. Warm with nice beaches and family friendly.

We love fuerteventura and gran canaria, not so keen on lanzarote and tenerife.

Let us know where you decide.

We're not going away this yr as we'll be going to cuba the year after for my sisters wedding

LOOPYLISA Guest

We like the canaries , Tenerife is our fav and sil lives out there

Egypt was nice done a Nile cruise , WIll be going back to sharm

This year it's Australia I'm dreading the flight , it's for a friends wedding !

Can't help on Turkey not somewhere that I fancy going x

Ment to say have friends that go to Turkey and love it
    Last edited by LOOPYLISA; 02-01-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Holiday village in egypt, loads for the kids to do while you relax

weather in may is lovely hot but not roasting
    IS BACK

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have been looking today. I want to go to Greece but we are struggling to find sensible flights.

We went to Cyprus last year and that was absolutely brilliant. It's a beautiful island.

I might compromise on the Canaries again - just be careful which resort as some are very busy and partyland while others are predominantly German which makes it harder for the kids making friends.

I looked at Turkey but I'm not sure I fancy it tbh... and while I love the south of Spain we've done it a few times.

You can't go wrong if you go for the big family hotels and stick to 3 or 4 star. Then read about them on trip advisor and make a decision based on what holiday makers are saying before you book anything.

Just remember that very often people are more likely to log on to complain than to say wow.

Oh and we have been advised to go for a package then you are covered if anything goes wrong. If your flight is with someone different from your hotel company and for example your flight is cancelled (as happened last year with the volcano) you won't have anywhere to stay.

hth

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Oh and we have been advised to go for a package then you are covered if anything goes wrong. If your flight is with someone different from your hotel company and for example your flight is cancelled (as happened last year with the volcano) you won't have anywhere to stay.

hth
    Very true, we were in Sharm El Sheikh last year when the volcano spewed we were lucky enough to have gone with thomas cook & as our hotel was fully booked we were transfered to a 5* all inclusive resort for an extra week yet others in our old hotel (who flew with easyjet & stayed with onthebeach.com) were left stranded with no money, no flights, no accomodation & insurance would not do anything as it was a natural disaster/act of god....must of been horriible as they had 3 young children