Ok, what did santa bring that had you bemused?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok, what did santa bring that had you bemused?

This Christmas I have had lots of lovely gifts but every year you always get something that leaves you thinking 'why?' or 'what possessed them to get me that?'

This year amongst my many stocking fillers (some nice, some funny) my DH included .............a padlock ??????

My SIL is a lovely lady but she refuses to ask what anyone wants for Xmas. She puts a lot of thought into what she buys, but for someone who knows me very well she is soooo often soooo wide of the mark. This year she bought me a hat.......it's a nice hat, but I never ever wear them, partly because I just don't suit them and also I don't like the feel of them (and she should know this as we've talked about hats when on shopping trips together). I suspect it has cost her about £30, but it's money wasted which makes me feel ungrateful.

So what was your Christmas pressie blooper?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ok, what did santa bring that had you bemused?

Mine was my main present from my DH. Love him, he knows I like baking and he knows I make jam so he bought me a preserving pan for jam making. In itself not a complete blooper - would have been lovely except for the fact he bought his 60 year old mum the same thing!!!! I spent ages asking the rellies to contribute to his present which was really expensive and something he REALLY wanted - about as long as I'd spent dropping hints about what I wanted which was a digital slr camera!! Apparently though he can't take a hint. I feel ungrateful but really I can't understand why he would buy it when there are some other things I would want.

Hey ho, I did get some lovely things that I did want from other people so I will just keep pretending that it's a great present lol!!!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

we all did very well this year. SIL usually gives us a naff present - this year she left us off the present list We don't do adult presents so there really is no need ever to buy us anything. Last year was the icing on the cake - a carrier bag holder in the shape of a cow with a label from her saying 'a fun and useful gift'!!

Someone always buys me Baileys - I don't like it and never have but can't tell her now - been years (ex mindees mum) Friends always drink it for me
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fluffyemma22 View Post
    I recieved a cabin flight bag off a friend...I mean seriously
    Have you checked all the pockets - in case there is a flight ticket in one

Mil is not great at presents for me - often buys me clothes - some times nice- sometimes not - but she Always says..' I do hope its big enough?'
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sillysausage View Post

This year amongst my many stocking fillers (some nice, some funny) my DH included .............a padlock ??????

?

rofl - although perhaps he is hinting towards the kinky????

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    rofl - although perhaps he is hinting towards the kinky????
    i was gonna say the same - not sure what that says about us Pip I was impressed with DH, I got some jeans, a gorgeous purple top and a matching amethyst necklace (my birthstone) and it all fits and looks fab!!!
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Aug 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My own mother bought me a big box of Thorntons - yay - lovely you say - shame I have a severe allergy to nuts and so don't eat them!

Pipsqueak Guest

[QUOTE=The Juggler;837431]i was gonna say the same - not sure what that says about us Pip:QUOTE]

errmmmm that we having brains that work in the dodgy regions??? lol

i got some fab presents - I got my beloved, much wanted and sort after purple DM's - at long long long last. Brian has hunted for months for them and an Ereader (Binatone - its fab)
    From the kids i have had various bits and pieces - TT calendar from H, leggings from J and a bag and cardy from R.

Am luvving my DM's though

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone, hope you all had a fab christmas.

I got spoilt as usual BUT I feel like a complete selfish c*w and I am not, dh always buys me fab pressies from him and the kids but this year I honestly think he just got what he could with no effort
    I got ...........

A handheld vacuum (I asked for this to make luch time clean up easier lol)
    A pair of flitflops (gives you a workout while you walk) but he bought me actual flipflops I wanted the shoes!!!
    A bluetooth dongle for my laptop
    A huge calculator
    Underwear and pjs (don't fit and totally not the sort I wear) now he bought me 2 yes 2 sports bras I understand the concept of sportsbras but OMG they are so unatractive!!!!

I asked specifically for grey gloves and scarf (to go with new coat), a lava lamp for my desk, and a new phone! And he knows how much I like my posh new bath smellies at christmas, did I get any? no I never!!
    I feel so ungratefu,l I put sooo much effort into getting him everything he wanted and I never got listened to.

Sorry everyone huge rant over, think I might have to go shopping today x x x
    Is it Friday yet?

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

my SIL gave me used toiletries, i presumed she just gathered what was in her bathroom cabinet & put it in a carrier bag, all were nearly full but you could tell they were old (design, dusty etc)

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jessiebessie View Post
    I feel so ungratefu,l I put sooo much effort into getting him everything he wanted and I never got listened to.
    I know how you feel hon. I am not ungrateful but, like you say, when you put all the effort in for them to get what THEY want it's a shame when it's not reciprocated. The thing my DH said to me was that he didn't buy from my list because 'it was boring'. But the point DEAR husband was that it was MY list and stuff that I WANTED!!! Otherwise, why ask me to write a list??? The other annoying thing was that I got him the present he wanted - which was so expensive that me, MIL and my mum all paid towards it - and he had the nerve to turn round and ask where the slippers were that he asked for He's not usually so insensitive/not thoughtful so I don't know what's going on.

Anyway, that aside I took myself sale shopping yesterday and bought some nice things that I did want - including Series 1 of Glee for £20!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Pipsqueak;837447]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i was gonna say the same - not sure what that says about us Pip:QUOTE]

errmmmm that we having brains that work in the dodgy regions??? lol

i got some fab presents - I got my beloved, much wanted and sort after purple DM's - at long long long last. Brian has hunted for months for them and an Ereader (Binatone - its fab)
    From the kids i have had various bits and pieces - TT calendar from H, leggings from J and a bag and cardy from R.

Am luvving my DM's though
    ah a girl after my heart. I used to love my dm's years ago - had black velour ones now have some calf zip up dm's but one of my mindees older siblings has lime green patent and they are v. nice..... might have to invest

amirose Guest

I got bought ONE random cushion
    I mean I just don't get it, what does anyone want with one cushion? It doesn't even match the colour scheme?!

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowMum View Post
    Have you checked all the pockets - in case there is a flight ticket in one

Mil is not great at presents for me - often buys me clothes - some times nice- sometimes not - but she Always says..' I do hope its big enough?'
    my mil was exactly the same !!!...........I have to be nice now as she is no longer with us but she used to really make me mad with that comment

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

My own mother bought me loads of biscuits and chocolates!!! Don't eat either. maybe she thought I needed fattening up

My MIL bought me a set of three pairs of earrings. I haven't worn earring for years and a mouse wrist rest

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    My own mother bought me loads of biscuits and chocolates!!! Don't eat either. maybe she thought I needed fattening up

My MIL bought me a set of three pairs of earrings. I haven't worn earring for years and a mouse wrist rest
    you probably do after losing all that weight hon. did you get to the bottom of that and get your meds adjusted??

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

i am usually very lucky with presents from parents but this year one bought me from a new shop that's opened in town ( the type where everything is £5)
    a bracelet which is ok and a really nice scarf and a handbag that is so hideous that i don't even want to take a pic of it
    the bag has multicoloured rainbow patches on the plastic bag bit and they are shiney ( it is so hideous that i can't even really describe it)

other parents bought me a gorgeous necklace from fat face another bought me a bottle of my fave perfume which is about £50

there were other presents which i think why did they bother but none as awful as this bag

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    you probably do after losing all that weight hon. did you get to the bottom of that and get your meds adjusted??
    Yes Miss I have a hospital appointment on 6th Jan

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have been overwhelmed with chocolate...

Which is odd because I haven't eaten chocolate for about 8 years

Ah well I have very happy children!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a hedgehog ornament very odd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast