Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Home-made Christmas crackers

We made our own crackers tis year with kits from The Works. Everyone, including adults, got to decorate their own on Christmas Eve but then Tony and I put them together with small gifts especially chosen for each person (like earrings, bracelets, leather key rings, necklaces, that sort of thing). It was really wonderful. I think we'll do this each year.

I have broadly hinted to both our sons that it would be a wonderful way to propose to someone, with an engagement ring inside.
    Why is "phonics" not spelled the way it sounds?

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Home-made Christmas crackers

i made crackers for everyone this year to with small gifts and my mum bought crackers opened them and put cash in them for all of us kids ~(not grankids)

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought about doing this but never have. my fella's nan always pops something inside ones she already brought lol x
    To Dare Is To Do

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I open one end of the cracker and add a personal gift too , it was made more difficult this year as dh bought the crackers and they were smaller than usual!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I open one end of the cracker and add a personal gift too , it was made more difficult this year as dh bought the crackers and they were smaller than usual!
    I do that too!! At our Christmas party I took out the naff plastic toys in the childrens crackers and replaced them with a small choc santa and a little gift that was more appropriate to the age of the child - they took the crackers home with them

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did this year too, for the first time. I bought ones for the adults but got stuck when it came to the children because my three are 11, 10 and 8 but my nephew is just 2 - his birthday was on the 20th. So there were no crackers which were suitable for them all. So I put a couple of little happyland figures in his because he got a happyland set from us for Christmas, the girls got those shaoed rubber band things and ds got a lego minifigure. And they were all chuffed Definitely think we'll be doing that again.
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

We have used the kits for the last couple of years. This year, I popped a lottery scratchcard into hubbies, as struggled with his, last year he got a Lambretta keyring. DS is 8 and he had a couple of small wooden toys that we bought on holiday and I got a phone sock. Last year I got jewellry (not expensive stuff unfortunately) We like doing it this way so everyone doesnt end up with rubbish