COFFEE MACHINES
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COFFEE MACHINES

Post Thanks / Like

Default COFFEE MACHINES

I do not drink coffee and its been a few years since we had a machine that just stood collecting dust but now all of a sudden everyone wants one in our house - apart from me that is

Can anyone give me any advice on what are the best Coffee Machines to buy.

Or what you have got yourself?

How much should I pay for one

I have been told some are expensive due to filters etc that you have to buy after

I think they want one that does coffee and cappuccinos - can you buy them where they do both or do I need to buy one or the other ?

Sorry I am a complete novice and thought it easier to ask you all here than research myself so at the moment I have no idea at all

I do know that they vary a lot on price so I am confused

Thanks

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: COFFEE MACHINES

sorry can't help i don't drink it either and i won't let david have one just for him.

i do know those machines with capsules are meant to be nice like the senseo or nespresso machines ( hey the nespresso is advertised by G so how bad can it be)

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a Tassimo not sure how much they are to buy as i have had mine since they first came out on the market

I love it and would not be without it as it does coffee, Latte & cappachino, hot chocolate and Tea (you can buy all sorts of different ones) I know the Latte pods are about £3.84 for 8. I think the twinnings breakfast tea is a similar price but i think you get 16 pods. Not sure of the cost of others as that is all i tend to buy

They do have a website which is quite informative
    www.tassimo.co.uk

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

DH has a senseo machine - he loves it . i don't/can't drink coffee so don't know! it seems quite simple, and i think the coffee bags are reasonable! i know he gets lots of different favours! ( he keeps telling me to try the tea, but i can't get over the thought that it would taste coffeeish! )

it looks quite smart sitting on the side

x

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

dp is a coffee addict. Starbucks in particular and always buys himself a bag of their ground coffee. we had a huge coffee machine on the side until he used it so much it broke so now we have a caffitierre (sp) and a battery operated whisk so that i can pop it all away when he isnt using it

i do like the look of the pod coffee makers though but i would personally buy an espresso maker and a good milk whisk x

What's for you, wont pass by you

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a Tassimo too, although I don't drink coffee, it's Dazs gadget

It was £100 at the time but alot were half rice in Argos recently, not sure if the offer is still on now though.
    Ours takes the pods and price varies to which type you want between £3 and £4, some drinks take 2 pods where others only take one.

Even the children love the hot chocolate out of it

Carol xx

Aug 03
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a tassimo as well love it would not be without it. I have got one for my mum for christmas they were half price in Argos cost £60 xx
    Love
    Lorraine xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have a filter machine, which is simple, easy to adjust the strength of the coffee, 2 cafetieres which I am not a fan of but are simple, we have a cappucinno and espresso maker, I love espresso (I hate cappuccino's yuk), and my favourite an old fashioned percolator. Percolator makes lovely mellow coffee with a wonderful depth of flavour and you can adjust the strength again.
    I wouldn't have a capsule coffee machine because you have to have whatever strength of coffee the manufacturers decide to make and I like my coffee nice and strong, and I like to have the choice of what type of coffee I have. Also those capsule are very expensive, I drink at least 8 - 10 coffees a day. Just about to go make my 3rd one now at 8.30, have been up since 7.00.
    Just remember that different machines/methods use different types of coffee grounds.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't but visited a friend with one of those pod ones (don't know the name) and the coffee was lovely. v.expensive though. However, if George Clooney delivers the pods (like on the ad) I'd buy them all the time

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    i don't but visited a friend with one of those pod ones (don't know the name) and the coffee was lovely. v.expensive though. However, if George Clooney delivers the pods (like on the ad) I'd buy them all the time
    errr hemm hands off he's mine

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Personaly I love my cafetiere. I only have one coffee a day but it has to be dead strong. I buy the coffee beans and grind my own as I find the taste is fresher

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Nespresso and you order the capsules online.

To be honest we do not use it as much as i thought we would.

What we do use is their milk frother a little machine that you pop the milk in and it either just heats it or froths it right up in 10 seconds. It does enough for two cups
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

i was just going to post this my self as coffee machines are half price in argos at the moment im going to pick up a krups one????any opinions welcome x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I drink endless cups of coffee a day and have had a Senseo & Tassimo in the past. They're both good & easy to use. You can get lots of different sorts of pods for them, but as I can only drink decaff coffee anyway I've never really bought anything else.

If I had to chose between the 2 I think I'd probably pick the Tassimo. The range of drinks is good & you can buy them cheaper online. Also the online shop used to do other drinks that weren't available in the shops.
    The only reason I stopped using the Tassimo was because the coffee wasn't hot enough for me. It's not made with boiling water (apparently it's not supposed to be), but by the time I got to drink it it was always too cold!
    I now stick to my instant & the kettle

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: COFFEE MACHINES

i spent a fortune on a tassimo and thought it was useless , sorry to those that love them but when i want a coffee i want a mug full not a tiny posh cup full
    i ended up giving it to my sister in law as it just collected dust

LOOPYLISA Guest

Good thread

We are looking into getting one prob jan sales, love my coffee so much just broke our old one! will be watching which comes out fav x

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a kettle and a jar of kenco

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by charleyfarley View Post
    We have a Tassimo too, although I don't drink coffee, it's Dazs gadget

It was £100 at the time but alot were half rice in Argos recently, not sure if the offer is still on now though.
    Ours takes the pods and price varies to which type you want between £3 and £4, some drinks take 2 pods where others only take one.

Even the children love the hot chocolate out of it

Carol xx
    As above
    Blaze x

Aug 08
    Non childminder member
    Childminder!
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Tassimo. I bought it half price (around £60) from currys in the summer

It works via a barcode reader so every different pod you buy gets the exact right amount of water for the drink, you don't have to fanny about with different size cups etc. Some coffees have more water than others (eg the starbucks pod is only half a mug but caffe crema a full mug) which would explain the previous posters 'too small' drinks. You do get the option to add extra water just by pressing and holding a button - all in the instructions which are fairly straightforward. Some coffees come with milk pods, others without. On the packs it tells you so its pretty easy. As has already said you can also get tea, drinking chocolate (Milka) and hot choc (Suchard)

You dont have to stand over it pushing a button as with some of the other machines, you just click and the machine does the job, you can then just drink the coffee!

I've never ever had a drink which wasn't hot enough to drink.

Highly recommend it.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a drip filter coffee machine - it makes as much or as little as I want and keeps it warm for 2 hours afterwards. Mine also has a timer so I can set it for dawn o'clock when I get up and it's all ready. I always heat my milk for coffee, it tastes better and also the coffee is not hot enough if I put cold milk in it! I never buy instant coffee, 'proper' coffee for me! Mine cost about £30 and all I need to buy is the bags of ground coffee and paper filters (don't need these but makes emptying easier)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast