Thread: So cold

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: So cold

I made it to the post office and back

I have to go and collect from school in a bit... ah well I suppose I can't complain it's the only work I have done today

Thank you for all your warming comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're back in one piece, the pavements around here are treacherous! The roads aren't much better either!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

-15 here this morning when dd got in the car to do a pick up and mums boyfriend left my pregnant daughter on the door step and just shouted x x has gone the shops be back in 5 mins.

Why didnt he just open the door and ask her to stand in out of the cold

jumpinjen Guest

been hovering between -9 and -6 all day.... I'm heartily fed up with it tbh as have to heat all day and kitchen and bathroom still don't get above ten degrees..... bloomin solid 1930's walls!!

had a lovely morning but could have done with spending more than the ten minutes outside that the LO's managed before being too cold. Just putting out the recycling for tomorrow nearly gave me palpitations!

fed up this afternoon...... can't wait for wednesday when I'm done for two weeks!!!
    Jen x

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

It was -8c last night and this morning I went out to let the chickens out and break the ice on their water bucket, checked their feed and my mittens stuck fast to the metal lid!
    The same thing happened later when I went out to scrape the car, stuck to the outside door handle. It seems that the mitten got a bit wet and was freezing on contact with metal....this is why you don't lick metal in very cold weather

Anyway, as the day wore on, it stayed cold -5c and then this evening, one big snow shower and it is quite 'warm' now 0c!
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12