Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default baptist church questions

hi everyone, I was looking on net but couldnt find answers,

we have been invited to attend a baptism, my daughter is actively takingh part, I will be a respectful spectator , but will go as its my friends daughter and we are good friends.

however is my daughter expected to take a gift to the church?? I have asked my friend but she knows i am a jw and doesnt want me to be put off and not go ?? i am happy for my daughter to buy a gift , but if so , what???
    also is it the norm to give some sort of card?.
    or money, im really not sure.
    I am assuming smart clothing , but the child getting baptised is wearing dark jeggings and a tshirt ( because of something to do with water) and is 14 years old. any input would be good, I dont want to stand out like a sore thumb, or offend with gifts , or equally with no gift depending on what baptist churches follow...
    thanks all xx
    Ella xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: baptist church questions

if it was me as a Jew i would buy her a new look voucher ( or similar) as i wouldn't feel comfortable buying a religious gift but would take a gift yes

as for clothes i love dressing up so would wear smart linen trousers and a nice top and then whatever the dress code for guests you're not over or under dressed.
    she will be being submerged in the water i think as my adult friend who is Baptist was so the jeggings would be good for when she comes out of the water

Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

they must have a pool in the church or something then, i see, white would not be a good choice when wet, i didnt realise they went under, just thought the priest, would spray her head or something.

I will wear what I useually wear to the kingdom ahall, a tea dress heels, and a fab bag of somesorts lol.

a new look voucher is a good idea, are there such things as congratulations/baptism cards?

also there is a party afterqards, is this just nibbles and drinks or like a christian wedding, full blown disco ?? xx
    Ella xx

Registered Childminder since
    Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EllaBella View Post
    they must have a pool in the church or something then, i see, white would not be a good choice when wet, i didnt realise they went under, just thought the priest, would spray her head or something.

I will wear what I useually wear to the kingdom ahall, a tea dress heels, and a fab bag of somesorts lol.

a new look voucher is a good idea, are there such things as congratulations/baptism cards?

also there is a party afterqards, is this just nibbles and drinks or like a christian wedding, full blown disco ?? xx
    your outfit sounds perfect to me
    at the top of my road is a baptist church and they have a covered pool right at the front, about 6 foot deep so i assume this is the norm for Baptists.

no idea about the party as that would depend on the family and their budget but why don't you ask i am sure they wouldn't mind

and yes def congratulation cards can be had, in any half decent card shop or supermarket you should get a nice non religious one if you want

Non childminder member
    ex childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

thats great thanks for your help, I will get a card and a NL voucher.

i dont mind a disco.or tea party, i was just wondering

xx
    Ella xx