Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ofsted :(((

Registered Childminder since
    may 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Default ofsted :(((

ok........just had a complete meltdown re paperwork!!!!!!! dont no why jst let everything get on top of me....have actually bawled my eyes out (tantrum and tears) but got ofsted due any time soon and really cant see a light at the end of the tunnel of paperwork i have to do!!!! cant actually see wat i am writing now........so thinking of another career option!!! lolzzzz anyway sorry o rant but needed to air how i was feeling hope you guys dont mind????

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: ofsted :(((

Bless you. Sending you a hug.

Try and take it one bit at a time then tick it off and make a cuppa, have a break and start on the next one.

good luck.
    Come back David....

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't think about a career change, theres loads of paperwork in most jobs that pay well. At least you've got the best boss now - yourself. Either that or move to Wales where theres no Eyfs. Hope you feel better soon

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a deep breath and make a cup of tea.

Go through what you need to do and make a list. Start with statatory requirements ie, attendence book, Accident medication etc and move downwards. When it comes to learning journeys and obs, keep it simple If you have got some photos just back track with post its and just quickly link through to eyfs, with afew next steps. Most Ofsted inspectors do not want to see long detailed obs, just make sure you have something with a basline or starting point.

Try not to worry to much you really DON'T have to have that much written down just talk to ofsted when they come, you will probably suprise yourself how much you can impress them without writting it down. Infact let the children do the work!