Vote, vote, vote....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    aly Guest

Default Re: Vote, vote, vote....

I voted at 9 this morning.

And do you know the only party I've seen out and about {apart from leaflet drops} I've only seen the BNP out in their car with a megaphone.

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go and vote tonight after work, but as said before, shame they couldnt get off their bums and knock on my door to discuss local issues, or at least be round and about, but they must be far too busy for us mere mortals !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    i've been looking forward to today because of the channel 4 programs tonight - thats a bit sad isn't it!!!!???
    It's not sad at all, we will be up late watching the results come in
    Pauline x

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    im not voting! yes i know people fought and died for our vote which i believe we should have, all people should be able to vote but it is a choice
    Same
    I just wouldn't know who

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am voting later on when the kiddies have left - voting is a privilege that many people in the world do not have, and I am grateful for mine. There seem to be less apathetic people in the UK this voting time round thankfully... how does change occur unless we voice it in our x?

I waited SEVEN hours in a queue in the 1994 elections in South Africa - the first fair elections held there... was a horrific wait, the queue snaked along the roads... but so worth it... when you've stood in a queue with thousands of people that have been denied the vote their entire lives simply due to the colour of their skin... it gives you a solid perspective of the enormity of the privilege of having a vote.

Re seeing them out and about, I have had a BNP leaflet shoved through my door (quickly binned that!), as well as others.... others have also knocked to chat: Conservatives have been twice, Lib Dems once and Labour once.
    Last edited by Bushpig; 06-05-2010 at 10:25 AM.
    Jen

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted and was trying to explain to my lot what I was doing at which point my 5 year old ds told everyone in the polling station who I voted for.

We have local elections here as well but there were a=only 3 candidates and they were all uninspiring - but I did vote for one of them.

Mar 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am definitely going to vote today as I am of the belief that if you haven't voted you can't complain when things are not to your liking. However I have no idea who I am voting for. I do know who I am definitely not voting for though. I would like a quick summary of what each parties policies are but can't seem to find anything. The thing is as soon as they come on the television I switch over because I can't bear listening to all the waffle and bickering and a certain person absolutely annoys the heck out of me and I can't abide to see him on the tv, really hoping he doesn't win!!

Does anyone know if there is an online summary of the different parties policies anywhere? I HAVE GOOGLED BUT IT JUST KEEPS COMING UP WITH OLD ONES FROM PREVIOUS ELECTIONS. Ooops sorry, hit cap lock.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cj1973 View Post
    I voted and was trying to explain to my lot what I was doing at which point my 5 year old ds told everyone in the polling station who I voted for.
    haha bless!
    Jen

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ripeberry View Post
    Must be VERY boring for the volunteers who have to sit there all day.
    They arent voluteers, its paid pretty well, I did it a long time ago when I worked for a local council. I have done it all the electoral register, poll stations and the count

I voted this morning on the way home from the school run

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

On Martin Lewis' website there is a tool that once you have answered questions will tell you who you should vote for due to your answers.

Mine came out as Lib Dem.

Apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a postal vote again.

Completely changed who i normally vote for in the local election as the people in charge have built a stupid pile of bricks for teenagers to sit on vandolise and get drunk on, on the local playing field (sorry i meant a skate park)

I think all parties are pretty much the same, they all talk rubbish and mean nothing they say.

I told hubby that i would vote for the first person to bother knocking on my door or talk to me and thats exactly what i did.

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I voted at 9.00am. Women died to get me a vote so I am a big believer in exercising my democratic right.

Cx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

My kids are loving it as their primary school is a polling station, so I've got them all day and will be picking up mindee this pm. Think we will have a day out somewhere
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if there is an online summary of the different parties policies anywhere? I HAVE GOOGLED BUT IT JUST KEEPS COMING UP WITH OLD ONES FROM PREVIOUS ELECTIONS. Ooops sorry, hit cap lock. [/QUOTE]

There is one on the BBC website I used it to help me decide

Post Thanks / Like

This will be my first ever vote.

I dont understand why kids get the day off school just because its being used as a polling station? When i was younger my school was a polling station and we never got the day off!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LisaH View Post
    Does anyone know if there is an online summary of the different parties policies anywhere? I HAVE GOOGLED BUT IT JUST KEEPS COMING UP WITH OLD ONES FROM PREVIOUS ELECTIONS. Ooops sorry, hit cap lock.
    There is one on the BBC website I used it to help me decide[/quote]

here it is:

Policy summary guide

there is a drop down menu to compare various parties and across the top there is a left and right scroll bar to choose the different areas of interest.
    Last edited by Pauline; 06-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Pauline x

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Pauline

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I did a postal vote this time as I just never seem to be able to make it to the booth.
    Paula

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted earlier - I was the only one there! I was expecting to wait in a queue!

I know women died so that women can vote but I do find it awful when people use that to try to pressure women into voting. It's fantastic that they felt so strongly and went to such lengths for equality etc and it's fantastic that women got to vote in those days because of it but it's up to the individual if they want to vote or not. No-one should pressure you. I'm sure those women would want people to still have freedom of choice and not feel like they 'have' to do something. They enabled women who wanted to vote, to vote. They didn't enable all women to be forced to vote, all men don't vote either. That's just my opinion, it's something that always winds me up!

However, if you do want to vote make sure you do as this election is going to be very close and every single vote counts!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12