Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Living in or around Manchester

An ex childminding family I worked for are having to relocate to central Manchester. They really don't know the area very well and would value any advice on any particularly nice areas to live in around and about. They are searching at the moment and have visited once, but it is always good to get valuable information from residents around the area!

I know they would be grateful for any information!

Thanks in advance!
    Clorogue

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Living in or around Manchester

South Manchester & North Cheshire is really nice and has lots of facilities etc great for families. Places such as Withington, Didsbury, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Moor, Cheadle, Gately, Cheadle Hulme & Heald Green, Chorlton cum Hardy are all nice areas and have excellent bus & train transport links into the city they are also not too far out to drive in from.

When I first moved here from Ireland I lived & worked in Didsbury and the other areas were all within a short drive from there all the children who came to the school I worked at were from the areas mentioned above and there was always lots for familes do do round abd about.
    Celest

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes anywhere like bramhall, heaton moor, hazelgrove, cheadle, gatley, marple etc, south of manchester towards stockport ish, i live between Bramhall and hazel grove, nice area, my neighbours moved here from scotland and keep commenting on how freindly people are ??? lol, just normal to me If they find a particular area if i know it im happy to give information xx

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes forgot Bramhall - didn't include Hazel Grove as although it is nice I didn't know if it was just a little too far out and traffic on A6 can be hell - I used to live in Handforth and the train from there only took 15 minutes but the drive in could be a bit of a bind so I didn't mention that one either - Wilmslow and Alderley Edge are lovely too but like Didsbury are very expensive.
    Celest

Dec 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Marple,Wilmslow,Alderly edge,Mellor,New Mills,Presbury,Bramhall.I live in Marple,lots for kids and good schols and transport links.Knutsford is nice too.
    <link removed as no back link could be found>

Mar02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I lived in Trafford for 32 years. Bowdon to the South of Trafford is very nice - and expensive (footballers territory!). Old Trafford to the north is cheaper and not as nice!

Flixton, Urmston, Davyhulme and Sale are good places to live. (although not as nice as Lincolnshire! )

Trafford schooling is excellent! We really miss the Trafford primary schools and have always had a good reputation.

Good motorway links too.

Feel free to ask anymore.

Rachel x

oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much everyone, really value your reply. I have forwarded on the information so far!
    Clorogue