TOPIC OF THE DAY  - HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GHOST?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: TOPIC OF THE DAY - HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A GHOST?

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    Untill i see one then i will believe ..................maybe
    Thats what I always said

But how do you explain a bed moving and rocking back and forth when the person is fast asleep in it ?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    nov2000
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD WITH A
    Post Thanks / Like

I get that alot where someone sits on my bed,
    it only happen's when i am on my own
    Hubby thinks i am going mad i think lol
    luv sue xxx

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i am quite a cynical type of person...i dont have a religion and am not "spititual" (even though everyone thinks i am cos of the way i look) ITKWIM.

But

we have a ghost! we call her lily (we live in lily villas). she is elderly and smells of Devon Violets perfume. She always starts when we are doing some major decorating or DIY in the house. I think it disturbs her. I am not the only one who has seen her. My neighbours mother walked past the house one day and saw an old lady sat in my lounge. She commented to her daughter on me having my gran over!....gran was not there...house was empty.
    She is sometimes just in the corner of your eye...i shouted upstairs one day cos i saw movement up there...kids were in the front room.
    The smell is strange.....i smell the violets and then if i take another sniff its gone.
    She sits on the end of the bed sometimes....usually on OHs feet...he complains the cats have been sitting on him in the night. The door is shut...i cant have cats in the room..asthma.

as i said...i am logical and cynical....
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

we used to live in an old house, when DD was about 3 i put her to bed one night then 5 mins later i heard her coming back down the stairs, which was strange because she didnt normally, i heard her go into the kitchen so went to check on her, she was laying on the floor with a pillow and blanket, i asked her what she was doing and she said the lady in her bedroom told her to get out and sleep in the kitchen this went on for about 3 weeks( most nights) then stopped still not sure if it was her imagination, but she was determind there was an old lady in her room, still gives me goosebumps when i think about it

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

ive seen a few in my house at the min i see a little boy with a flat cap the first time i saw him i was on the phone and screamed but but he doesnt bother me he once shouted boo in my ear when i was in bed which was abit scary also my mate came one night and as she was leaving she said shouldnt u be in bed i said who and she said there was a boys just stood in ur ktichen there wasnt

also in the pub where i used to work once a moutuarty me and a cousin were stood at thwe bar and a shadow brushed past us there was no one near us and she doesnt belive anyting like that but she admits she saw it and we also in the office when we had closed up used to see a man sat in the corner wearing one of those tall victorian? hats but when we palyed the camera back noone was there

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe in ghosts etc
    Never seen one

But a week after my Mum died (4 years ago) I felt her walking around my house, I woke up, was living on my own then, and heard movement down stairs, normally I would have been scared but I felt calm, listened for a bit and went back to sleep.

Nothing happened since but I KNOW that happened, maybe was my subconcious who know's. Still don't believe in ghosts tho

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In bed one night after turning off TV and light and still awake, with eyes open chatting to DH, I saw a light go up from TV in front of us and move slowly towards the window and go up to ceiling height.

I thought my eyes must be tired but said to DH did you see that? He said exactly the same as me

It was just after his mum and my dad had died - like to think it was another relative giving us a sign that they had arrived safely.

In our new house (DH old family home, we are 3rd/4th generation to live there) I swore I saw my dad as a boy - like in a photo my mum has - standing at the end of our bed Felt peaceful.

My mum had a photo of my dad which kept jumping of the fireplace for a few months after he died. Not fell - it travelled 4-5 feet across the room. The last time it did it, my sister was there and saw it, the glass broke and it hasn't moved since.

strange but comforting too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Remind me not read this thread tonight b4 I go to bed

xx
    Needs to Zumba

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When hubby and I first got married, all we could afford was a little 2 bed flat in the attic of a large victorian house.
    Our front door was on the top floor and you then had to climb another flight of stairs that would bring you out into the flat in the attic.

One night hubby was asleep and I was tossing and turning, when I heard our front door open. I could hear someone coming up the stairs and along the landing to our bedroom door. I could see a shadow of a person on our bedroom wall cast from the light on the landing. I kept trying to wake hubby up but he was dead to the world. In the end I called out "hello, anyone there" and the shadow moved away and I could hear footsteps going back down the stairs and out of the front door.

I was absolutely Pooing my pants and it took a few days before I felt comfortable falling asleep.

Hubby thinks I was dreaming but I know I wasn't.
    Toothfairy

Mar 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen 1, but would like to see my nanna or a fave aunt.

Dp's parent's home has spooky thing's go on, but we like to believe it is his mam that's there still.

Since 1 of my cousin's killed himself at christmas, there has been a lot of spooky thing's going on, i myself had couple of thing's happen, but nothing as big as id like. My aunt has had quite a lot of spooky thing's go on in her house though, which even my dad (a sceptic, who apparently once seen his dead grandparents), has no choice but to believe it. lol.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

when i gave birth to my son i watched myself from in the corner of the room (ceiling) looking down on the two of us ??????????
    One life live it

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

not myself but my mums friend was really ill and had been in bed for weeks she woke up to see 3 monks walking through her bedroom she says she felt instantly better, she got up the next day, she started looking into it and found her house was built on the site of an old monastry
    Joy xx

Post Thanks / Like

Any more stories ?

Angel xx

Daddy Day Care Guest

Ive tried reading this thread but its all blah blah blah blah to me, the only ghost ive seen and believe in stars Patrick Swayze and was a great film

Gareth xx

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My step-daughter saw a ghost at a theatre in Bradford. She was standing on the stage when a figure walked down the centre aisle, sat down and then just disappeared!! She swears she will never work there again

A childminder friend moved into my MIL's old house and they kept seeing an old man looking at them through an upstairs window. My MIL thought it may be her Dad so she went round and told him they had moved and were all ok. He hasn't been seen since

My brother has had a few strange experiences since our Mum and Dad died but nothing has ever happened to me, so I'm still sceptical about it all really.

April04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post
    Ive tried reading this thread but its all blah blah blah blah to me, the only ghost ive seen and believe in stars Patrick Swayze and was a great film

Gareth xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Day Care View Post

Gareth xx
    Funny Gareth

Come to my house and I will let you see what this is all about

Angel xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12