Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vibration Exercise Plate Machine

I know we discussed on here before about these vibration plate exercise thingies!! And I know someone was ordering one.

I just wondered whether anyone had personal experience of them and whether they actually work?

Also, do you think it matters whether its a big super dooper one or whether a smaller and cheaper one would do the same thing?

There is one on Ebay for £50 - and I am tempted but dont want to get it and then it doesnt do what a £100 or more one would do. I would rather save up and get the more expensive one - eventually.

But at the same time, I do want to get one sooner really as I only have 8 weeks til I go my Dads - so want to tone up my wobbly bits!!!
    Helen

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Vibration Exercise Plate Machine

I too am dribbling over these...how fab to be able to tone without doing anything...am v v lazy with regards to me excercising...

did see on a shopping channel though that you should only stand on it for a minimum time period then stop and rest...something like 1 minute...whether thats cos of the machine overheating or health reasons i didnt hear but personally think one thats real cheap may be a bit iffy....mind you have seen some for nearly £1000 and it looked awful

x x x
    Jennie x x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i had one - they do work in that they tone your muscles - sadly they will not have any effect on the fat deposits over the top of your muscles you need calorie controlled excersize for that!
    theres little point having a toned stomch muscle if you have even half an inch of fat because you just won't see the result!
    really they're good if you work out and want to tone on top of that work out. its weird when you first use them you don't feel like its doing anything, then you get off and you really feel the strain in your muscles like you've been doing 20 mins on the cross trainer.
    Blessed Be!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    really they're good if you work out and want to tone on top of that work out.
    No good for me then - I just want to have to do this and nothing else!!!

I like going on the Wii Fit but am a bit hit and miss with how regular I go on it. But I could manage a bit of time on the Wii and a bit of time on the vibration thing, so it could work for me.

Oh I dont know
    Helen

Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh, this just reminded me I meant to put mine on ebay when I listed a whole load of other things at the weekend. Oh well, it'll have to wait until next free listing day, unless anybody in Wiltshire is interested in taking it off my hands in the meantime!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

If you do get one make sure you have a bucket handy to catch your teeth or at least you fillings - I used to go on one of these at the gym last year and I always felt that my teeth would fall out

I only went on it at the end of my workout just for luck as it were - I used to do my rounds of the machine but felt this just might be the icing on the cake - I'm sure I used to give the "keep fit" types a good auld laugh when they saw it groan under the weight of Mrs Blobby
    Celest

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered one off the tv and I wasn't impressed!

I was working out on it for quite a long time and I didn't even ache - I do like to ache afterwards so I know I've done something!

Plus, it really made me itch so I sent it back.

I'm sure it works for most people though because that's what people reckon if you read the reviews. Probably just me!

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I am going to save my money on this one.

I suspect only the expensive big ones really work and I cannot afford that.

Me and a friend are trying to find a way to get some exercise - we both want to do it but need someone to push us!!!
    Helen