Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    feb 91
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fed up with moany people!

The whole world is going to hell in a handbasket(A favourite saying of my Gran's!) and Sky news(NEWS???) want us to send in our pretty pictures of the snow!!!!
    How easy to play down serious issues and play up this frivolity!!

May 200
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by childmind04 View Post
    Without sounding awful its only being made such a big deal becasue it has hit down south

Scotland have bad weather 3-4 months and they are lucky if it makes there local news
    Totally agree! There must be 8-10 inches of snow in my garden as we've had loads of snow over the last 3 weeks but it only became newsworthy when it started snowing heavily in England, made me chuckle

Latest Inspection Grade
    6 Excellent
    Post Thanks / Like

Without sounding awful its only being made such a big deal becasue it has hit down south

Scotland have bad weather 3-4 months and they are lucky if it makes there local news

ha exactly what I said to someone on the phone earlier, we've had it like this since the Saturday before Xmas and not a peep on the news really until it hit England

LOOPYLISA Guest

Yes it is bad but its going to be here for a while yet

I personally love it
    I live down south

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

And me!

Think its on the news as it has gripped the whole of the UK rather than the south! No one round here moaning, we all still working and getting on with stuff. Wish the schools would re-open though!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

After our experience last Sat I did wonder where we could get complete sets of spiked tyres for our cars then realised that it was not an option really - then I remembered that people in Ireland got snow chains when we had that one very deep snow fall way back in the early 80's and then found out that the snow had to be deep for them to be any use (- which it was then - we didn't have gritters in those days - infact we didn't even have a Motorway -) so I would end up having to stop to put the bloomin things on and off on a regular basis so that would be a non starter. - luckily enough I never mentioned these thoughts to DH or I'd never live it down and hear about it every time it snowed

I don't mind the snow but I hate driving in it - other than that so long as I'm wrapped up and its not all slippery I love walking in it and I love the way it absorbs noise and the world becomes a much more silent place. I also love the way it sometimes crunches under foot when its all frozen but not compacted and slippery. I also love to sit indoors and watch it falling especially when its in huge big flakes - fab.

The only time I don't like it is when people thow it at me and it goes down the back of my neck and then slides slowly downward under my clothes - I hate being cold like that.

Oh there I go again moaning sorry
    Celest

TheBTeam Guest

I love the snow more as both dh and i being childminders mean neither of us have to decide whether we can risk it to leave the house to go to work! I also don't have the issue over who will look after our children, i hate the snow because it means our children have all of their football cancelled, which for two athletic, energetic, sporty football mad children means they dont cope well when deprived of it for any length of time!

I don't like the snow for the grief it has given some of my mindees parents, and from some of them the extra grief it has given us, with the pressure of payments (some of them have been forced to pay for other expensive childcare in addition to us when they can not get here), and for having to get up earlier and get involved in calls and texts throughout the evening to help parents and deal with whether they can or cant get to us and whether their schools are open, between the older mindees and the siblings of some of the little ones we have to deal with whether 4-5 schools in the area are open/closed all of which affects us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12