Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 12th Night - 6th Jan

thats because wendywu is stockpiling all the catholic bits and bobs in the country
    Are you still a practicing catholic celeste? I 'mainly' am , but like you there are elements of the faith i cannot just blindly adhere too.

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    thats because wendywu is stockpiling all the catholic bits and bobs in the country
    Are you still a practicing catholic celeste? I 'mainly' am , but like you there are elements of the faith i cannot just blindly adhere too.
    Sort of I've brought my children up in the faith and they made their first communion and DS was confirmed last year - I go through phases of going to mass on Sundays I love the social side cupa & chat in the hall at the back of the church after plus the many raffles they hold - one week I won 6 bottles of booze - it just happened to be a week I'd walked to church and for some reason DH was going to work at mid-day (?) I had to ring him and get him to come and collect me so that I could get home with the bottles - it wouldn't have looked too good me walking along with 6 bottles of booze and 2 young children - I also love the hours peace and tranquility during the service - there is a great sense of community. I took the children almost every week during their primary years - lapsed a bit now they are at high school and they moan about coming - also DS has football so its always DD who I have to drag kicking and screaming - DS despite being older is more likely to be coaxed.
    Celest

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven Scent View Post
    Sort of I've brought my children up in the faith and they made their first communion and DS was confirmed last year - I go through phases of going to mass on Sundays I love the social side cupa & chat in the hall at the back of the church after plus the many raffles they hold - one week I won 6 bottles of booze - it just happened to be a week I'd walked to church and for some reason DH was going to work at mid-day (?) I had to ring him and get him to come and collect me so that I could get home with the bottles - it wouldn't have looked too good me walking along with 6 bottles of booze and 2 young children - I also love the hours peace and tranquility during the service - there is a great sense of community. I took the children almost every week during their primary years - lapsed a bit now they are at high school and they moan about coming - also DS has football so its always DD who I have to drag kicking and screaming - DS despite being older is more likely to be coaxed.
    my boys served altar and I led childrens liturgy but found it really difficult when Quinn was a toddler. Plus I was always worried the kids knew more than me! I love the way i feel after mass , but life often gets in the way! have yet to see any raffles going on though!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

There was only a monthly 100 club one at my last parish but they are never ending here - always some excuse - they also have fair trade stalls and cake sales - the kids love it.

Not had any alter servers in my family every parish I joined invited me to join the childrens litergy group - yeah like its an honour they just wanted the gap between their turns to be longer . I always declined gracefull saying I worked with children all week and didn't want a busmans holiday at week-ends - also said kids were sick of sharing me during the week and wanted me to themselves at week-ends. They always fully understood -yeah bet they mad vudu dollies of me and stuck pins in me until they got to know me better.
    Celest

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have definately stuck pins in! when i started doing it i was meant to be 'helping out' but noone ever joined so it was just me and one other lady - and she was tied up with rugby in the winter. ( not literally!) its quite an old fashioned parish , and the old ladies would actually prefer the kids to sit in mass , seen and not heard etc. new priest now so hoping for changes - hes already far too progressive for most of the oldies but they need to move on if the church is to survive.

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

"but they need to move on if the church is to survive".

Here Here!!!! in more ways than 1!!!!
    Celest

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just came across this lovely thread.

We're not particularly religious but I do like to do a couple of activities linked to epiphany for general knowledge. There are some really lovely activities out there which are really child friendly. Lots of scope for multi-cultural education too.

Have a lovely day everyone, and if you are marking this day, have fun! x

8. Likes mama2three, loocyloo liked this post
    sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh it was lovely to reread this thread Maza after all this time , and remember some of the old forum members.

10. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12